Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do y'all know if there's any way we'd be able to get the RS exhaust for our ST's? The thing sounds amazing, and it'd be cool on an ST, even if the intake sounds and all would be different.

Thanks!
Blake

·
Registered
20 Posts
Another cost would be that the RS has dual tips, so we would have to use the RS' bumper as well. I also believe it is also routed differently because of the AWD drivetrain.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another cost would be that the RS has dual tips, so we would have to use the RS' bumper as well. I also believe it is also routed differently because of the AWD drivetrain.
I'm now thinking this maybe wasn't my brightest question - thanks to everyone though!

·
Registered
368 Posts
The exhaust channels underneath the two cars are quite different. Bumpers aside, you would have to cut quite a bit of the exhaust up to make it fit.

RS.jpg
Focus Undercarriage 4B517E22-B421-432E-90EF-1ACC2672E04A-1559-000003194D75F203_1024x1024.jpg

Differences shown on aftermarket exhausts:

images.jpeg
milltek-sport-cat-back-exhaust.jpg

·
Registered
816 Posts
There's no cheap way to go about doing this your better off getting a current ST exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I have a hole saw you can borrow to cut new holes in the rear bumper.
no need for that I have tons of tools and a 4" hole saw that would get the job done... but I would plan to get the RS lower valance of course ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Constructed from ultra thin wall stainless steel, the mountune CAD designed and optimized Focus RS axle back exhaust design has yielded a typical weight savings of 28% over stock, a real world reduction of over 6.6 lbs!
In addition to the substantial weight savings, the back pressure has also been significantly reduced thanks to the highly efficient resonator internals, improving engine performance.

◾Lightweight thin wall stainless steel 28% lighter

◾Reduced back pressure high flow internals

◾Includes new valve and motor assembly

◾CAD designed and optimised

ABOUT $1399.00 RS ONLY

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
4 Posts
I have a friend who installed an after market exhaust on his RS and he’s leaving me with his oem one. Planning on finding an oem rs bumper and valance for the cutouts. As for routing the exhaust, going to be a bold attempt but I think a couple of friends and I can figure it out, I have experience doing stupid things and access to all the tools I need, so it should be fun/interesting.
Rather than make a new discussion I thought I’d add to the one that already exists.
First step is finding a bumper or valance but I’ll keep you guys posted!

·
Registered
2015 ST3
56 Posts
I have a friend who installed an after market exhaust on his RS and he’s leaving me with his oem one. Planning on finding an oem rs bumper and valance for the cutouts. As for routing the exhaust, going to be a bold attempt but I think a couple of friends and I can figure it out, I have experience doing stupid things and access to all the tools I need, so it should be fun/interesting.
Rather than make a new discussion I thought I’d add to the one that already exists.
First step is finding a bumper or valance but I’ll keep you guys posted!
Are you expecting some gains or just want the look?

A large part of the rs sound is the fact the head, cams, turbo, and displacement are all different

1 - 20 of 25 Posts