Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about doing the dual exit rs exhaust setup and I realize I would need the rs style rear to do this. I'm not sure what exactly I need or where to get it however. Do I just need an RS diffuser or do I need the whole rear bumper cover? And where would I be able to find these parts. Haven't been able to find anything in my searches.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the dual exit rs exhaust setup and I realize I would need the rs style rear to do this. I'm not sure what exactly I need or where to get it however. Do I just need an RS diffuser or do I need the whole rear bumper cover? And where would I be able to find these parts. Haven't been able to find anything in my searches.
I believe you have to purchase the complete RS bumper and Diffuser. The bumper is slightly different than the Focus bumper and ST bumper. It can be done though but for a high cost. You can purchase it through your dealer or talk to a body shop and see if they can get you a cheaper price on the piece. My friends body shop gets up to 30% off at dealers when he buys body parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
The RS rear bumper and valance would be around $800 for just those two parts. I didn't look to see if the reinforcement or other inner parts were the same or not.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There's also a core charge that would not be refunded because it has to be like-for-like. They may be also giving you a discount. I was quoting MSRP.

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
i could have sworn the bumper was one piece with the diffuser, unlike doing a lower valence swap on the 15+ rear bumpers. Thats if I remember correctly last time I looked at one at the dealership, so the entire bumper would need to be changed, also the RS exhaust routes differently so you'd have to have a custom exhaust made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts