Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to pull the trigger on the gloss black Focus RS 19x8.5 rims for my ST. With a 5% coupon and 200 RPM miles at CJ Pony, got a set for $465 shipped.

My vehicle is stock suspension height and I don't plan to lower.

What tire widths are people running on these rims? 235/35 seems the most common but will 245/35 or 255/35 cause any interference problems?

Looking for suggestions on tire size and if anybody thinks spacers are necessary. I plan to use these with summer only tires next spring.

·
Registered
226 Posts
So I decided to pull the trigger on the gloss black Focus RS 19x8.5 rims for my ST. With a 5% coupon and 200 RPM miles at CJ Pony, got a set for $465 shipped.

My vehicle is stock suspension height and I don't plan to lower.

What tire widths are people running on these rims? 235/35 seems the most common but will 245/35 or 255/35 cause any interference problems?

Looking for suggestions on tire size and if anybody thinks spacers are necessary. I plan to use these with summer only tires next spring.
Subscribed.

I saw another member running 20mm spacers and said it was necessary. But I have them installed without spacers and I think it looks great. something something opinions

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Subscribed.

I saw another member running 20mm spacers and said it was necessary. But I have them installed without spacers and I think it looks great. something something opinions
What width are you running?

·
Registered
201 Posts
People put 235 on the 8.5? I have the stock snowflakes which are 8 and I have 255/35. With little to no bulge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
People put 235 on the 8.5? I have the stock snowflakes which are 8 and I have 255/35. With little to no bulge.

Thats why I'm interested to see what sizes other people have on this 19 inch rim.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Question for the OP, CJ shows two different wheel options in the gloss black. One wheel lists for $140 (approx) the other is $300 but they look identical wtf is the difference?

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Question for the OP, CJ shows two different wheel options in the gloss black. One wheel lists for $140 (approx) the other is $300 but they look identical wtf is the difference?
Looks like they are different wheels. The cheaper one is 8.5" wide while the more expensive wheel is 8" wide. .
Ford Racing Focus ST RS Wheel 19"x8.5" Gloss Black 2013-2016

Ford Performance Focus Focus RS Wheel 19"X8" Gloss Black 2012-2016

I believe the cheaper one is the Mk2 RS wheel and the more expensive is the Mk3 RS wheel.

·
Registered
456 Posts
What came of this?! Pics and more info please. ;) I'm looking at the same setup.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
They are different style and width. Look closer at the pics and you can see they are different.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts