Ford Focus ST Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 2069 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys just wanted you to know.
That I'm a tech at a Ford dealer and I just recently figured out how to change as built data with the Ford IDS(diagnosis software) and you can enable global open close windows, change the tire/rim size for the abs module, change headlight bulb to hid/xenon. And more! So for any reason the Focccus app isn't working for u (like for me, i think it wasn't working because I had windows running on a Mac.) just know those things can be changed with the ford software at any Ford dealer with the switch of a button. Very quick and easy.
Quick question, seeing that I just got my ST about a week ago, if I chose to go to the dealer to ask about this, should I expect them to tell me that my warranty will be voided for the future? This seems the easiest and quickest way, but I'm sure it comes at a price. Still debating on the other method as for now I'm just looking to do the global window trick Thanks
A dealership will even give you the global windows switch! Why do you think they would void your warranty? You didn't even do anything...
If I walk up to a service tech guy and ask him to void my warranty.... he isn't able to!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is focccus still not working with 2017s? I am trying to get it to work for mine and I keep getting the "can not enter security ecu" error.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Is focccus still not working with 2017s? I am trying to get it to work for mine and I keep getting the "can not enter security ecu" error.
the last few that I have attempted to do I had to use the FoRSCAN program. Focccus is so much easier to use but it WILL NOT work with any RS model or late 2016 and up

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is focccus still not working with 2017s?
Not that I can find. Sucks too. I was going to modify the TPMS settings after changing wheels.
I bought the recommend cable and it came in after I had the wheels/tires put on...didn't find out till it was too late.

I haven't tried but can the TPMS settings be altered with Forescan as well?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,
Need your help please.
I have Ford Focus SE 1.5 - 2016
Not sure what happened but suddenly the Acknowledge hazard signals not flashing when locking the doors.

The modification i did is as below:
#32 Automatic locking by Speed - Automatic Locking
#83 Central Lock, type - Burgalproof Locks
#109 Power rear windows - Electric

Is there anyway using FOCCCUS to enable hazard signals flashing when locking the doors?
Please advice.
Thanks,
Hey @moto I just happened to be scrolling through and saw you have a 2016 ford focus SE. I have a set of aftermarket headlights, and the DRL's work properly on regular focus models, not the ST. I was wondering if there is anyway you could check your BCM settings on your 2016 focus SE.
The only ones I need are numbers 14 through 17 I believe. It would be a huge help!
If you do get that info, take a picture so I can see the settings and the little numbers next to the settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I posted a question a while ago, maybe I wasn't clear enough, damn my english worth not much...

So here I give a second try :

Is there any way with FoCCCus or anyway to spray the windshield washer without wipe ?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I posted a question a while ago, maybe I wasn't clear enough, damn my english worth not much...

So here I give a second try :

Is there any way with FoCCCus or anyway to spray the windshield washer without wipe ?
I doubt it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry if this has been addressed previously, but I just can't read through 200 pages of posts...lol
Is this app capable of programming a new key fob? I lost one of mine, and the dealer wants ~$65 to program one, on top of whatever the fob itself costs.
I have a 2013 ST2, if that matters.
Thanks!
-Mike

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Sorry if this has been addressed previously, but I just can't read through 200 pages of posts...lol
Is this app capable of programming a new key fob? I lost one of mine, and the dealer wants ~$65 to program one, on top of whatever the fob itself costs.
I have a 2013 ST2, if that matters.
Thanks!
-Mike
I don't believe Focccus can do it, but look into Forscan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok, thanks for the reply, I'll check it out.
Is there a thread here for Forscan, or should I be looking elsewhere on the interwebs?

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Ok, thanks for the reply, I'll check it out.
Is there a thread here for Forscan, or should I be looking elsewhere on the interwebs?
Forscan has a forum with some good info if you are willing to look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie here in using focccus...I have been using forscan for almost a year now and is curious with what focccus can do. i tried connecting my elm but when i click on read bcm it would start turning green like reading then get error "could not get CCC from ECU" any advise?

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Newbie here in using focccus...I have been using forscan for almost a year now and is curious with what focccus can do. i tried connecting my elm but when i click on read bcm it would start turning green like reading then get error "could not get CCC from ECU" any advise?
If you're using Forscan I wouldn't bother with focccus. I think Forscan can do more. I'd adjust the Baud rate and retry it.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just swapped some OEM HID headlights (the entire housings, ballasts and bulbs) into my 2015 Focus ST (it came with halogen lights). I coded the ECM using Focccus. Under the headlight type i selected HID and the xenon bulbs work great but I still get a headlight fault code that pops up on the display every time you start the car. If i select alternative HID, there is no error code but the xenons do not work at all and will continually flash. I tried other settings in Focccus with no luck. The cornering lights also don’t work. Do i need to modify the headlight harness? Do I need to add resistors? OEM hid headlight module? Is there any other software change that will work? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
2001 - 2020 of 2069 Posts