Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2069 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Has anyone been able to use the USB version of the ELM 327 with the Focccus app? Every time I run the app, it says no WiFi adapter found.
Yes, I use a USB. It works just fine. Make sure you have the correct drivers installed on your computer. That is very important for it to work correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Those of you using a USB ELM 327, which one are you using? I bought one off of eBay, waited forever for it to get here, and now when I try to write to BCM, it says switch ELM to MS-CAN. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Those of you using a USB ELM 327, which one are you using? I bought one off of eBay, waited forever for it to get here, and now when I try to write to BCM, it says switch ELM to MS-CAN. What am I missing here?
Don't cheap out because a lot of the Chinese units are knock offs.

http://a.co/0BhQ2AC

Spend the money and get a quality one. It'll save you from headaches.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So what is the best bang for your buck bluetooth OBDii reader that works with all platforms, i.e. Android, iOS, Windows, Mac OS ??
You're willing to risk your cars computers with cheap adapters?

http://a.co/eBGiuA7

Plus, even if you wanted to do extra things that ForSCAN etc. provide, you will need a wired one with MS-CAN/HS-CAN switch.
No not at all. I want quality for sure, I just don't want to buy something that is overpriced and not as good as something else. Price does not always dictate quality. ?

Everyone seems to love the one you linked, so it seems like a good choice. I really just want global windows and shift light off. Plus being able to read some real time data with the app.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Is there a list somewhere with all the data values? My vin wont work in the tool in the OP. Anyone been able to use a 2017 vin in it?

edit: got it here if anyone else is looking.
Yes, You have to use FORscan for 2017 and up

I think i might have answered that 10x in this thread, but i totally understand because it is almost to 200 pages now

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
My as built shows headlight type line 14 is set to unknown but my ST2 has factory HID obviously, should I change it or just leave it since it's not hurting anything?

Also, can we use the Focccus app and asbuilt editor to disable double honk or does that still require the paid Forscan app?

·
Registered
68 Posts
My as built shows headlight type line 14 is set to unknown but my ST2 has factory HID obviously, should I change it or just leave it since it's not hurting anything?

Also, can we use the Focccus app and asbuilt editor to disable double honk or does that still require the paid Forscan app?
Forscan doesn't cost anything. You need an extended license that can be obtained by making an account.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Forscan doesn't cost anything. You need an extended license that can be obtained by making an account.
Oh I see, thanks! You the best Luke.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
btw I tried modifying the double honk #31 in As-Built and it didn't work, but it did with the Forscan method just fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ASBUILT data FORD ESCAPE 2010

Where can I get the ASBUILD DATA for Ford Escape 2010?

When I try to get it using VIN on the "http://ford.xtlt.ru/ab/"

Help!

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Where can I get the ASBUILD DATA for Ford Escape 2010?

When I try to get it using VIN on the "http://ford.xtlt.ru/ab/"

Help!
Bob, you can use focccus to export your AS-Built from the vehicle and save it, the online way is just an option.

Just load up the connect to vehicle and use the "SAVE TO FILE" button at the bottom right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys just wanted you to know.
That I'm a tech at a Ford dealer and I just recently figured out how to change as built data with the Ford IDS(diagnosis software) and you can enable global open close windows, change the tire/rim size for the abs module, change headlight bulb to hid/xenon. And more! So for any reason the Focccus app isn't working for u (like for me, i think it wasn't working because I had windows running on a Mac.) just know those things can be changed with the ford software at any Ford dealer with the switch of a button. Very quick and easy.
Quick question, seeing that I just got my ST about a week ago, if I chose to go to the dealer to ask about this, should I expect them to tell me that my warranty will be voided for the future? This seems the easiest and quickest way, but I'm sure it comes at a price. Still debating on the other method as for now I'm just looking to do the global window trick Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would a laptop with a hardwire ecm to 9 pin port work using a regular hard wire connection instead of a wireless device?
My laptop has windows 10 pro. The ScanTool 426101 OBDLink MX Bluetooth is $100.
I just bought my laptop and hard wire connector for this project.
Also, I am changing the touch screen on my stereo to update from my Ford touch to sync 3 with navigation. I understand that the backup camera won't work until the vin number is programmed in. Can I use my laptop and Ford Can and focccus to get it programmed to work properly?

1981 - 2000 of 2069 Posts