Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FoCCCus: - Central Configuration Utility - Summary

Current version: .8.4.
Wiki: http://focccus.com/wiki/Main_Page Very sparsely populated with usable information.
Unless you can read russian you will need google translate to read from the site.

I thought I would start a new post because the old one had 22 pages of info and no real way to arrange it. That original post should continue to be used with only pertinent info here. I would like to maintain the first 4 posts as tested and working mods, types of proven code readers used with links to where users bought them, and any other decent reads on the subject of calibrations, obd2, and CAN. Accessport info is welcome as well.

Link to original post: Focccus PC app as-built editor AND all around reprogrammer

FoCCCus is a Central Configuration utility that allows users to modify certain parameters of their Ford Focus Generation 3 models. The program is in beta and the current version is .8.4 and is built by a russian developer who goes by the handle of "xgloom." This program is the real deal folks. Some of these parameters we have access to dealers cant even do.

This program has been updated many times and now works many different model cars. Fusion(Mondeo), Cmax, Bmax, F150, Focus(all Mk3 versions), Explorer,

tested and fully working mods:
1. Global open/close ie,. key fob window control - BCM HS-CAN - Change parameter#184 to enabled and click write to BCM
2. Shift light - turn on or off - Change Paramter #178 to "Without Shift Indication"
3. Aftermarket HIDs without a resistor - Paramter#14 Changed to Alternative HID
4. (Experimental) reflash of individual modules - Apparently this works but ive not read of anyone in the US successfully completing the procedure.
5. OEM Cruise Control added to Ford Focus SE with Sync: use option #23 Cruise Control set to "with Cruise Control"
6 Add Hill Assist to non ST model
7. Turn on ecoscout display
8. Windshield wiper motor calibration
9. Foglights on WITH High Beams. Legality varies between states. Change Parameter #18 to 02 - Foglamp.

Reactions: knifefish

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Test and fully compatible code readers:

If you only want global windows and shift light light turn off, then no modification is needed.
USB.
1. Elm327 v1.4 (requires mod for MSCAN enabling)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005FEGP7I/ref=pd_aw_sims_4?pi=SL500_SS115
2. Elm327 1.4 (requires mod for enabling MSCAN)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005F...98316&smid=A1B7M9EQGNCLQA&tag=pgmp-397-100-20
3. OBDLink SX. Works with Focccus but not with Forscan.

Bluetooth.
1. OBDlink MX. Fully compatible with no mods needed.
http://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mx.html
Purchased from: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006NZTZLQ

2. Vgate Elm327. (requires mod for MSCAN enabling)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AAOOQJC/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1399853732&sr=1-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

3. BAFX Products - bluetooth reader (requires mod for MSCAN enabling)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005N...33514&smid=A2VZTJP6N0Z6QL&tag=pgmp-518-100-20

Switch for MSCAN Enable
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062499

Bluetooth receivers for pc: Rocketfish micro usb confirmed.

Some internal bluetooth receivers are unable to maintain a connection. The rocketfish and a few others will remedy the issue.

Sent via Tapatalk using Galaxy Note 2

Reactions: jinstall and EMS/T

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
For this section I want to know what you added, a link to the part you purchased and what setting you enabled to make it work with no errors

Aftermarket Parts:
HIDs
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W
Setting: BCM Central Config (HSCAN) #14 - Changed to Alternative HID

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
FFclub.ru has been testing the writing of new calibrations(such as the quad ipc update) to the individual ecu's lately and many of their users have claimed that this feature fully works. However, something has been lost in google translation and it is a very hard read to understand. Those of you who have a way to fix any of your own problems with an IDS or other passthrough device please try it. If you can confirm an individual procedure works let us know. Ill re-post those results here.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
USB ELM327 and OBDScan Bluetooth adapters both work for HighSpeed Can.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
What can be done with only high speed can and what is medium needed for? I've had problems finding this.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What can be done with only high speed can and what is medium needed for? I've had problems finding this.

Please use this thread for the purposes of what works and what doesnt. Direct your questions to the main thread stickied at the top of the electronics section.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Please use this thread for the purposes of what works and what doesnt. Direct your questions to the main thread stickied at the top of the electronics section.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
It does refer to what works and what doesn't. If a person is only looking for one or two features it allows them to determine what product they need and if modification is needed. So it has all to do with as you said "what works and what doesn't."

·
Registered
323 Posts
Modified USB ELM 327, on a Mac running windows (parallels). Worked fine for HS AND MS CAN. used a DPDT Switch from Radioshack.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks for starting a summary thread. That other one was getting hard to follow.

Can you provide a link to the post w/ instructions for each of the mods you've listed? I'm very interested in key fob control of the windows. And possibly the shift light.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
What additional info do you need for aftermarket HIDs? I am running aftermarket HIDs in my ST3 housings with the config setting as Alternate HID with no resistors and no bulb dip error.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Reactions: jinstall

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I have also gotten HID/Halogen DRL to work by changing setting #16 to Always Headlights, still working on the LED DRL

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have also gotten HID/Halogen DRL to work by changing setting #16 to Always Headlights, still working on the LED DRL
So this enables the LEDs to be used as DRL?

EDIT: never mind you said HID halogen. Doh.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Once I have time I will be back on this. I have not had a break from work since getting back from vacation. First world problems.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Once I have time I will be back on this. I have not had a break from work since getting back from vacation. First world problems.
On vacation now..

Domincan Republic!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Im back and have updated post 1. Ive already got the google doc written up, just tidying a few things then ill provide a link.

Looks like 8.2 includes my updated ccc_descr.xml file. Sweet.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Im back and have updated post 1. Ive already got the google doc written up, just tidying a few things then ill provide a link.

Looks like 8.2 includes my updated ccc_descr.xml file. Sweet.

JSYK, I found this out on accident with my ass. If you hold your thumb on the lock pad on the door handle, it will roll the windows up like the key fob does after you enable global open. Tried to roll them down as well but it did not work.

·
Registered
434 Posts
JSYK, I found this out on accident with my ass. If you hold your thumb on the lock pad on the door handle, it will roll the windows up like the key fob does after you enable global open. Tried to roll them down as well but it did not work.
It should. In Forscan you can view the status of the keyfob and locks when you long press the lock or unlock button or sensor even with out global open enabled IIRC it will say convenience on the status box.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I found out you can turn full alarm on as well. I thought we just had a passive alarm however my wife went to open the doors the other day and it was locked which set the alarm off....maybe we have always had it. Dont know.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts