Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day people new guy from Straya here .

Just bought a 2010 Ford Focus XR5Turbo (ST) Australian model. I've
Just decommissioned my old BA Supercharged ute , no idea what that model is in your country or if it's even a thing in the UK.
Before that I had a Twin Turbo AU2 V8 Falcon with a (pre production) Atomic block which I sold as it was seriously dangerous to drive .
So yea just saying hey what's up and over time I'll be basically turning this little toy into very similar to the SR specs .
Sorry to hear about HRH passing but hey you and me have a King now . Not disrespecting the former just looking forwards to going forwards .
Mountune basically worked with Ford to make the St (think) so as a tuner box is in the wind I'll be asking ppl's reviews and thoughts on some of the boxes on the market . Leaning towards the BlueSpark unit but knowledge is power so I could grab somethinmg else if there's a consensus .
Anyhoo I GTG so ,
Cheers out.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Lucky man to have those cars!

BTW, this is mainly a U.S.A. based site. I was very sad to see Queen Elizabeth pass, but the new King will likely let you guys have your own Country :D Take a joke though, because I have quite a few Aussie friends and they would never let us talk smack about England (even if they did it all the time, ROFL).

I had to google all of the cars you listed, because I've never seen a single one in person... /sad day for a guy that loves cars that go fast!

Stick around and stir *hit up man. Sounds like it would be a hoot! =-D

Reactions: colewhateva

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Joe , I went the UK thing as I know their Turbo Focus was called an ST man I never even considered the US/EU versions, it just looked English too lol , all the way.
I'm on plenty of US Harley sites being a broken down old bikie and just hang to shoot the $hit u know , good ppl , good times . This site looks too something , maybe structured or formal or something to be a US site dude, not dissing it at all just my thoughts .
Ok so yea Smoky what's the best tuner box and why from a US perspective ?

·
Registered
2016 Magnetic Metallic ST3
389 Posts
The company that hosts this forum is actually Canadian. So that might be why its got an international kind of feel but its very clearly English language centric.

North America didn't get the prior gen Focus ST with that awesome Volvo five cylinder. We only got the mk3 here and then Ford discontinued most of their cars in the North American market in 2018.
If you're looking for more advice on mk2 Focus ST's try Ford Focus ST Forum
I could tell you that the overwhelming majority of mk3 ST's are tuned via Cobb Accessport but my guess is thats not compatible :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The company that hosts this forum is actually Canadian. So that might be why its got an international kind of feel but its very clearly English language centric.

North America didn't get the prior gen Focus ST with that awesome Volvo five cylinder. We only got the mk3 here and then Ford discontinued most of their cars in the North American market in 2018.
If you're looking for more advice on mk2 Focus ST's try Ford Focus ST Forum
I could tell you that the overwhelming majority of mk3 ST's are tuned via Cobb Accessport but my guess is thats not compatible :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh Canada eh ? lol. I'll probably stay here as well as check out that site you linked Cole this place is funky nice it's got a homely feel or something to it.
I'll skip over there now and have a dory.
Cheers mate .
PS you have a new King, be kind to him.
I just zipped over to that link that's this forum isn't it ??
Sorta looks the same , signing in might show me what up.
It is a different site I might be slow but at least I'm rough lol.

·
Super Moderator
12,444 Posts
Oh Canada eh ? lol. I'll probably stay here as well as check out that site you linked Cole this place is funky nice it's got a homely feel or something to it.
I'll skip over there now and have a dory.
Cheers mate .
PS you have a new King, be kind to him.
I just zipped over to that link that's this forum isn't it ??
Sorta looks the same , signing in might show me what up.
It is a different site I might be slow but at least I'm rough lol.
All of the Forums owned by Vertical Scope look pretty much the same; the other site is much more international and caters to all "ST" models. We do the best we can with what we've been given here...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did not know this, is it that it was made there, or was imported ? Makes me wonder why the RS and not the ST lol
They also got the GR Yaris. which still seems really unfair.
I don't know if it was imported. I'm in Socal and seriously considering importing one. Here's a quick search of current RS for sale down there;

·
Super Moderator
12,444 Posts
I don't know if it was imported. I'm in Socal and seriously considering importing one. Here's a quick search of current RS for sale down there;

Problem is you can not register it in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
@Biasphere1 , I don't know how it would work in Aus, but the COBB AP paired with the Monster Tuned Adapt-X is my favorite for this platform for anything on the stock turbo. Need to go a bit more custom-tune if you're chasing BIG powah! but the Access Port is pretty amazing. I've been using them with every car I've owned since 2008 and they've only gotten better. Check out what kind of international support they provide (both COBB and Monster Tuned. That guys been out for a bit, so I don't know if he'll reply right away).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I've seen their gear it does seem very capable ,though for what I'm doing with the car it might be overkill . A CAI , remove the resonator , maybe a few other little thing and tie it in together with a programmable box. There's FA room under the bonnet so I'll do bits I can get to without becoming a contortionist . Maybe a plenum as I can get too that as well . I won't be doing much .
Cheers Joe.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
@Biasphere1 , I don't know how it would work in Aus, but the COBB AP paired with the Monster Tuned Adapt-X is my favorite for this platform for anything on the stock turbo. Need to go a bit more custom-tune if you're chasing BIG powah! but the Access Port is pretty amazing. I've been using them with every car I've owned since 2008 and they've only gotten better. Check out what kind of international support they provide (both COBB and Monster Tuned. That guys been out for a bit, so I don't know if he'll reply right away).
There isn't anything to be gained on stock turbo with a custom tune vs. Adapt-X. Adapt-X will advance timing until knock and if OAR is -1.00 it targets inferred turbo compressor temps that reach peak turbo efficiency before the turbo becomes a hair dryer so it'll always do the best it can based on weather/fuel.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
That's funny, a plenum? Like, changing the intake in prep for anti-lag, or brake ducting, or anything else that custom fab = 'won't be doing much' 😅 I custom every ride I own, but other than destroy one of the old airbox covers trying to maximize flow + turbo spool noise without sucking too much hot air from the engine bay and shaving down the grill, that's about it for breaking out the power tools on car parts, haha. I've just been lazy about breaking out the sockets, but it just never ends!

@MonsterTuned , not selling the SCT programmer with the tune anymore? Not sure if that's a more viable option for someone down-undah =-D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's funny, a plenum? Like, changing the intake in prep for anti-lag, or brake ducting, or anything else that custom fab = 'won't be doing much' 😅 I custom every ride I own, but other than destroy one of the old airbox covers trying to maximize flow + turbo spool noise without sucking too much hot air from the engine bay and shaving down the grill, that's about it for breaking out the power tools on car parts, haha. I've just been lazy about breaking out the sockets, but it just never ends!

@MonsterTuned , not selling the SCT programmer with the tune anymore? Not sure if that's a more viable option for someone down-undah =-D
I might tap in water/meth via said plenum , it gets hot here .As I said Joe I can get to the plenum lol . A good mate owns a wrecking yard that I ran for him back in 2010/11 , most of my bits will be 2nd hand usually from these over cooked duff duff cars for cheap .
Cheers .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts