Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I use the stock pipes? is it worth changing?
Thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the original pipes for now. My tune is running ~24psi and I have blown the stock pipes off the I/C several times. The hot side stock pipe that connects to the I/C is a soft ****ty rubber that with lots of boost expands and contracts and slowly works it's way loose. I am going big turbo (GTX2867r) very soon and with that I will be doing better I/C pipes as I am over having to jack the car up, take the belly pan off, put the hose back on, take it for a spin, blow the hose off again, jack up, put on ....... It gets old quick. My advice would be to get a good I/C or if the inlet/outlet is not great get a welder to weld a nice thick bead so that the T-clamps won't come loose.

Best of luck, the I/C was my best mod, it has resulted in consistent power no matter what the outside temp.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes and yes. I wrestled the pipes for over 2 hours from my back getting just to get them to slide in place. I wish I would of had silicone spray. Also had to undo the 2 bolts that holds the radiator support to give me an extra 1/2" to get the cold side pipe to fit.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the original pipes for now. My tune is running ~24psi and I have blown the stock pipes off the I/C several times. The hot side stock pipe that connects to the I/C is a soft ****ty rubber that with lots of boost expands and contracts and slowly works it's way loose. I am going big turbo (GTX2867r) very soon and with that I will be doing better I/C pipes as I am over having to jack the car up, take the belly pan off, put the hose back on, take it for a spin, blow the hose off again, jack up, put on ....... It gets old quick. My advice would be to get a good I/C or if the inlet/outlet is not great get a welder to weld a nice thick bead so that the T-clamps won't come loose.

Best of luck, the I/C was my best mod, it has resulted in consistent power no matter what the outside temp.
in case it happens again, hair spray on the insides of the rubber and t-bolt clamps will make sure they never blow off again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm pretty sure I read the rs intercooler does not work with the ST. If I remember correctly it is too long for the stock plumbing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts