Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just got ahold of a Levels Performance FMIC and was wondering about the tuning process. The car is simply flashed now at stage 1, and I was wondering what the best route would be to adjust for the intercooler. I have a guy that can fine tune one of the OTS maps; however, I didn't know if there was a better way to go. I didn't see where levels had any tunes designed for their products so I didn't know if someone could point me in the right direction. If you're going to be an asshole about it, don't comment. I am here to learn so I will be the first to admit I'm still kinda getting in to all this. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
344 Posts
You don't need to adjust your tune for the FMIC. If you want to gain more power, or push things a little then you can get a custom tune from someone like stratified, freektune, mountune etc.

But you aren't doing any damage just changing your FMIC.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
well if you have a cobb AP that flashed your car to their OTS "stage 1", then you just need to load up their "stage 2" tune.

stage 1 = just a filter or intake
stage 2 = above + Aftermarket intercooler
stage 3 = above + down pipe

if you have somebody elses OTS tune, then get a hold of them for a stage 2 tune.

·
Registered
331 Posts
well if you have a cobb AP that flashed your car to their OTS "stage 1", then you just need to load up their "stage 2" tune.

stage 1 = just a filter or intake
stage 2 = above + Aftermarket intercooler
stage 3 = above + down pipe

if you have somebody elses OTS tune, then get a hold of them for a stage 2 tune.
Yup. If running Cobb's OTS just flash stage 2 for whatever fuel type you use.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Curious about shipping time. I order from levels on July 4th and I'm still waiting. I was told 3 weeks ago when I called it would be about 3 weeks. Guess I'll call on Monday :/
I actually bought it used with just under 10k on it. I've heard its a lengthy process if you order it straight from the manufacturer, due to it being a one man army made here in the US... but that's what sold me on it. I'd rather wait a little longer for a quality piece built here by a vet

·
Registered
463 Posts
FMIC can just be thought of as a mod enhancer due to providing closer to ambient air. Airflow may slightly be affected, but not much.

The more boost you push the hotter things get, the intercooler keeps this from happening, even on stock tune, thus increasing power from the first seconds of a pull.

·
Registered
40 Posts
FMIC can just be thought of as a mod enhancer due to providing closer to ambient air. Airflow may slightly be affected, but not much.

The more boost you push the hotter things get, the intercooler keeps this from happening, even on stock tune, thus increasing power from the first seconds of a pull.
True. But I live in PHX, ambient air is like 111 and charge temps are around 175-180. In these situations the new IC is an actual performance enhancer because the ecu isn't pulling as much timing to avoid knock

·
Registered
463 Posts
True. But I live in PHX, ambient air is like 111 and charge temps are around 175-180. In these situations the new IC is an actual performance enhancer because the ecu isn't pulling as much timing to avoid knock
Preaching to the choir, as I'm in Houston. Can't wait for my FMIC and some real performance from my performance car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.