Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
No. Because meth will be injected after the IAT (map) sensor. So you PCM will already be derating engine power in spite of the high temps, with no way to measure The newly-dropped temps from the meth.
I guess wmi b4 intercooler would not work.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Reactions: Seniorst

·
Registered
137 Posts
Think I understand now that u tune for cooler temps than the map sensor is reading, realizing that wmi is going to reduce temps after sensor.If wmi fails when tuned for it kaboom.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
638 Posts
Went back and checked the data log on a couple pulls and I saw a 3.8 degree temp rise on one 3rd gear run from ~2600 to 6500-ish rpm. On another one it was right around 3 degrees flat, I believe.

With the stock unit it would go up over 50 degrees.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Went back and checked the data log on a couple pulls and I saw a 3.8 degree temp rise on one 3rd gear run from ~2600 to 6500-ish rpm. On another one it was right around 3 degrees flat, I believe.

With the stock unit it would go up over 50 degrees.
Damn thing keeps cool

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Correct, it will condense and pool down there.
Aye @TurboGT i seen in a post you had the ESP FMIC how does it work for your ST? Was all all direct bolt on, I wanna get that one or wait till depo is back in stock just debating really

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
638 Posts
Get the ESP and enjoy the cooler charge temps.

Reactions: ST1Dale

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
638 Posts
I got it done in a couple hours using basic hand tools and some YouTube videos, so yeah, it's not bad.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Aye @TurboGT i seen in a post you had the ESP FMIC how does it work for your ST? Was all all direct bolt on, I wanna get that one or wait till depo is back in stock just debating really
I have the CPE lightweight gen 2. Bolted on exactly how the factory one does. Only difference is i had to loosen the 4 bolts for the lower radiator support to make enough wiggle room to stuff it in place. Thats it, easy peasy.

Reactions: ST1Dale

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have the CPE lightweight gen 2. Bolted on exactly how the factory one does. Only difference is i had to loosen the 4 bolts for the lower radiator support to make enough wiggle room to stuff it in place. Thats it, easy peasy.
I have the Gen 2 as well and I love it. Charge temps barely move at all on a pull.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have the smaller Depo racing cooler. I don't see any real rise in temps on a pull and it was cheap. It doesn't sit perfectly center. I don't know if any of them do because I have never seen any of the others in person. Part seems to be of good quality. Instructions were a joke. Over all I'm super happy with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I have the smaller Depo racing cooler. I don't see any real rise in temps on a pull and it was cheap. It doesn't sit perfectly center. I don't know if any of them do because I have never seen any of the others in person. Part seems to be of good quality. Instructions were a joke. Over all I'm super happy with it.
I like it

·
Registered
137 Posts
I
If it gets damaged,it is in a vulnerable area,u won't feel as bad as if u had paid twice as much.

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is true. I had a little incident in my Mustang Monday that took out the AC condenser and the radiator. I would be pretty butthurt if it took out a $1,000 fmic on a focus that I paid $17,000 for.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ouch! Poor coyote. Glad you're OK, though.
@ST1Dale :Contact ESp and see what Jimmy can do for you. I have been very impressed with their customer response so far and I'm chomping at the bit to get this sucker in my car!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Poor coyote my ass when I woke him up to get out of the grille he was as snappy as a fkn crockadile. And I had the right of way! 🤬

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I run a Depo 3.5 in fmic. Been on there for about a year and a half and no complaints so far. However I do like the mounting of the ESP intercooler.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts