Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
It looks like it snaps into the front support area. You can see those clips on the front. the hole obviously has to be for some bolt, and if I had to guess maybe the hood cable snaps into the side that sticks out? I havent taken my bumper off so honestly I have no idea other than guessing.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
If you don't have extra parts when you put your car back together, you did something wrong

·
Registered
802 Posts
Does it have a part number molded in anywhere?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Judging by the stainless nut, it might take a coarse-thread Torx screw like we have to hold our belly pans in place. I'd look for another one someplace up front; but maybe easier if you just look for the black bolt head?

Mark

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
If you don't have extra parts when you put your car back together, you did something wrong
Boy does this always piss me off lol. Get so excited to have everything back together finally and the headache is gone then I see a bolt or something on the ground or in my creeper's tray and I'm like where the F does that go..

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still can't find where it goes. All I know is that it came off when I pulled the plastic panel off, the one on the top where the hood release lever is located.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I did my intercooler about a year ago so its not fresh im my mind but I actually stumbled on that same piece when putting it back together. IIRC its part of the hood latch assembly. You have it facing down in your picture and a bolt goes trough that hole. I'm sure if you take all the push pins off and plastic in that area you'll be able to figure it out.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I did my intercooler about a year ago so its not fresh im my mind but I actually stumbled on that same piece when putting it back together. IIRC its part of the hood latch assembly. You have it facing down in your picture and a bolt goes trough that hole. I'm sure if you take all the push pins off and plastic in that area you'll be able to figure it out.
Pretty much. It attaches to the grill opening reinforcement panel. You have it shown upside down. The arrow prongs pictures point towards the rear of vehicle. It goes right here:
Untitled.png

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks a million! At least I know what area it belongs in. This was driving me bat-sh#t crazy!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thanks a million! At least I know what area it belongs in. This was driving me bat-sh#t crazy!!!
Bet it still doesn't go back on the car... Lol

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Silly question for you...is there a corresponding extra bolt? If not, it was probably left there when the car was put together and has just been waiting around to come out and baffle you.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Silly question for you...is there a corresponding extra bolt? If not, it was probably left there when the car was put together and has just been waiting around to come out and baffle you.
Actually, I haven't put the front end back on yet. I have to get one of the guide tabs on the IC welded, as it cracked when I had to bend them out. Hardly even put any pressure on it!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts