Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s good y’all, so i recently bought a Spec Clutch and was curious if i should have also bought a flywheel as well since i am not too sure if the OEM flywheel will work well with the new clutch.

Give me your insight and if i should pull the trigger to buy a new flywheel, if so send them recommendations

Also, much love to the FOST community!

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,901 Posts
The OEM flywheel is a dual mass flywheel which is not machinable. Because of this you'll Need a new one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The OEM flywheel is a dual mass flywheel which is not machinable. Because of this you'll Need a new one.

i got in contact with a Spec Clutch tech and mentioned that the clutch should slap on the dual mas flywheel with no issues. kinda throws me off now because i dont know whether slap a new flywheel or use the oem one for now.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,901 Posts
Maybe i wasnt clear. A fresh machined surface is REQUIRED with a new clutch. It's not optional. You can purchase a brand new OEM flywheel. You cannot use the one thats on the car currently. That spec clutch will likely destroy a dual mass OEM flywheel though, due to the harsh engagement.

Reactions: mitch808

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Maybe i wasnt clear. A fresh machined surface is REQUIRED with a new clutch. It's not optional. You can purchase a brand new OEM flywheel. You cannot use the one thats on the car currently. That spec clutch will likely destroy a dual mass OEM flywheel though, due to the harsh engagement.
This.All of this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts