Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, about 8700 miles on my 2016 FoST so far and loving it. Recently I opened up the hood and found some fluid over the intake cover. Any idea what's causing this or have any of you experienced something similar? Tips on what to do? I first noticed it a few days ago, then drove it around a bit more after cleaning it off to see if it was a one-off. Happened again today after driving it around.

Link to album: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Hey guys, about 8700 miles on my 2016 FoST so far and loving it. Recently I opened up the hood and found some fluid over the intake cover. Any idea what's causing this or have any of you experienced something similar? Tips on what to do? I first noticed it a few days ago, then drove it around a bit more after cleaning it off to see if it was a one-off. Happened again today after driving it around.

Link to album: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Looks like dirty water that might have gotten thrown around. Air could have pushed it up from below your engine bay and ran it through some dirty stuff and turned it a different color. Any distinct smell? My first thing I do when I see liquid is smell it on my car lol

Edit: In that location I just easily see it being pushed up through from somewhere. Definitely wouldn't be from your intake and can't think of anything nearby it could be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like dirty water that might have gotten thrown around. Air could have pushed it up from below your engine bay and ran it through some dirty stuff and turned it a different color. Any distinct smell? My first thing I do when I see liquid is smell it on my car lol

Edit: In that location I just easily see it being pushed up through from somewhere. Definitely wouldn't be from your intake and can't think of anything nearby it could be.
Definitely didn't really smell like anything. I'll have to drive it around some more. I checked oil level and it wasn't low or even close to low, so I figured it wasn't the oil leaking. First guess was the turbo oil line or something similar, but I'm not too familiar with the engine bay so I wouldn't know if that was close or not. I should say that my car is bone stock too, no mods as of yet.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Definitely didn't really smell like anything. I'll have to drive it around some more. I checked oil level and it wasn't low or even close to low, so I figured it wasn't the oil leaking. First guess was the turbo oil line or something similar, but I'm not too familiar with the engine bay so I wouldn't know if that was close or not. I should say that my car is bone stock too, no mods as of yet.
If it had no smell at all then water is a strong contender. The smell of oil or antifreeze or washer fluid (not sure how that would get the whole way across the bay) would be prevalent.

Your brake fluid reservoir is under your weather guard above your airbox. Make sure it didn't leak (again...has a smell).

Edit: When I say "above" your airbox I mean towards the rear of the bay/car. It's super hard to get to unless you remove the plastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts