Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a decent, low-profile floor jack for a decent price. I had to use the scissors jack to put my snows on. The POS Craftsman I have just didn't make it. Aluminum or steel, doesn't matter which.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Who makes a decent, low-profile floor jack for a decent price. I had to use the scissors jack to put my snows on. The POS Craftsman I have just didn't make it. Aluminum or steel, doesn't matter which.
I'm in the same boat although I have a really nice heavy duty one I got from Costco years ago. Doesn't fit under the side-skirt without scraping. I do remember a "NASCAR" badged one they sold there too which was really lo-pro and aluminum(light).

·
Super Moderator
6,557 Posts
I'm in the same boat although I have a really nice heavy duty one I got from Costco years ago. Doesn't fit under the side-skirt without scraping. I do remember a "NASCAR" badged one they sold there too which was really lo-pro and aluminum(light).
If you have a Harbor Freight in your area check them out. I don't usually buy from them, but needed a jack to support the engine when doing the upper mount switch. I ended up getting a 12 ton bottle jack for about $29.00, but they had a good selection of floor jacks, including low profile and quick lift starting at $30.00 for a compact and going up from there. Would have got a floor jack, but living in a upstairs apartment with no garage limits storage space.

·
Super Moderator
6,557 Posts

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I've used a few HF jacks. They last about a year until they start leaking oil, take forever to pump and won't hold. For something as critical as a jack...I'd spend the money here. My life is not worth saving a few bucks on a jack.

This worked fine for me. Craftsman low-profile jack. Just need a block of wood to drive up on or the arm will hit the side skirt when lifting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Northern Tool sells an Arcan aluminum low-profile for around $200. I was leaning towards that. I'm a big believer in Craftsman tools but my last floor-jack from them is a bit disappointing.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've had my HF jack for at least 3, if not 4 years, and it works great for me. it's the lopro aluminum racing jack, got it on sale for like $55 or so. Lifted the lancer and Miata with ease

·
Registered
236 Posts
I picked up the HF racing jack myself a while back and have really liked it thus far. I would agree w/ others on quality of the tool / jack being very important, but after buying this in a pinch, I can't say I'm not happy with it. Because so far I am.

Aluminum Floor Jack - 1.5 Ton Aluminum Racing Jack

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts