Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there has been anymore advancements in this area. I have searched and cannot find anything new.

Eventually I would like to run with a flex configuration as I have an abundance of E85 local. I have a BT too so yes going more than E30 will be beneficial.

I will also be going aux fuel injection with Stratified within a year or so hopefully.

Just trying to get a feel for what is out there. It would be so good to be able to just fill up with E85 and have the tune adjust, then fill up with 93 and not have to calculate it so that I need to flash 10 different tunes etc.

·
Registered
456 Posts
With a 4-port aux fuel kit you can run straight E85, but I don't think anyone has made a FoST flex fuel sensor like Cobb did for the Subaru WRX/STI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With a 4-port aux fuel kit you can run straight E85, but I don't think anyone has made a FoST flex fuel sensor like Cobb did for the Subaru WRX/STI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yer I noticed that you can run E85 with aux, but I am after flex. Sometimes my car stands for a while then there will be a period of say 2-3 weeks where I may need it so I don't want to have to run E85 or 93. I would rather have the option of flex so If it's E42 or E12 or E55 etc. then the ECU will do it's own thing and I can just fill up as desired. It's quite possible on alot of other platforms, just wondering if there has been any progress on ours. I have seen people install the zeitronix sensors but wondering if anyone has used that as an input into the ECU and tuned for it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ford uses AFR on their flex fuel vehicles to calculate ethanol content. Cobb could do it without needing a sensor but not enough demand for the option for Cobb to open the tables ford uses to do it. Hell even the e30 people would benefit with seeing a ethanol content % right on the ap. With or without self adjusting tuning. Beg Cobb.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ford uses AFR on their flex fuel vehicles to calculate ethanol content. Cobb could do it without needing a sensor but not enough demand for the option for Cobb to open the tables ford uses to do it. Hell even the e30 people would benefit with seeing a ethanol content % right on the ap. With or without self adjusting tuning. Beg Cobb.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
That is a good point. If they can work out AFR stoich then they can work out the content from a look up table. That would be great for tuning and imagine not having to worry about getting the ethanol mix right. You could tune safe for anything up to X%.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
@cobbtuning

1 - 6 of 6 Posts