Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I used to have the FRPP tune and I flashed my car back to stock to work on the stalling issues (erratic idle, low rpm stall when stopping etc.). Anywho, after they did the TSB fix, I took my car for an extended test drive on the stock tune and I'm thinking of keeping like this for a while. The question is, what are the pros and cons of using the colder Denso plugs with the stock tune? Should I swap back my OE plugs?

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
You're more likely to foul the spark plugs if you don't have the calibration that needs them. I'd personally recommend going back to the stock heat range if running the stock calibration.

·
Registered
201 Posts
OP did you ask the dealer about loading the FRPP tune back if it would undue the TSB fix? Assuming the TSB you are talking about was the reflash for the PCM. I too had the issue of the engine wanting to stall when coming to a stop on my 16. I was thinking about going in a trying to get the TSB performed. But I am tuned and didn't know what good the reflash would do if I just loaded my tune back over it. Also it only happens when it's really hot out. And hasn't happened since I finalized my tune and it's been cooler outside. So I was in no hurry to get to the dealer.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did ask that question and the service adviser said that loading the tune on top of the TSB fix shouldn't nullify it since the tune touches a different part of the PCM. I can't verify if what he said is true or not, if somebody can chime on this that'd be great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts