Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My girlfriend and I attended the SCCA Starting Line School which included free track days. We plan to use this in the coming weeks. We upgraded the pads and the brake fluid to help with track duty. however my question is, has anyone had issues with oil starvation in long sweepers? I just want to know this understanding before going there. This event is free to us, and honestly our aspirations for the car was autocross and daily driving so we aren't out here to blaze lap times, we are just going to take it easy and have fun, early braking, and somewhat short shifts to ensure everything holds together without issue, we just want to make sure that oil starvation isn't a known issue for these cars, of course we will be watching every gauge out there, but knowing before hand would be a great benefit if we need to watch to see if the oil pressure drops to zero.

Thank you,
Mills

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hello,

My girlfriend and I attended the SCCA Starting Line School which included free track days. We plan to use this in the coming weeks. We upgraded the pads and the brake fluid to help with track duty. however my question is, has anyone had issues with oil starvation in long sweepers? I just want to know this understanding before going there. This event is free to us, and honestly our aspirations for the car was autocross and daily driving so we aren't out here to blaze lap times, we are just going to take it easy and have fun, early braking, and somewhat short shifts to ensure everything holds together without issue, we just want to make sure that oil starvation isn't a known issue for these cars, of course we will be watching every gauge out there, but knowing before hand would be a great benefit if we need to watch to see if the oil pressure drops to zero.

Thank you,
Mills
I've got over 30 track days on my ST so far and haven't noticed any issues and haven't heard of any in the 3 years I've been following the forum. I've also been running slicks the last 15 days as well with a lot of grip.

Reactions: SiThlord

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
You seem pretty concerned about oil starvation on long sweepers, let me guess... you come from the 4g63 world? lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello,

Thank you,
Mills
Just because I always forget to look, I had my ride-along buddy watch the oil pressure gauge at my last track day which was at Road America. Specifically through the Carousel turn, which is a long, long right hand sweeper he reported that the gauge was rock steady all the way through, every lap. I feel better now; hope you will, too.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just because I always forget to look, I had my ride-along buddy watch the oil pressure gauge at my last track day which was at Road America. Specifically through the Carousel turn, which is a long, long right hand sweeper he reported that the gauge was rock steady all the way through, every lap. I feel better now; hope you will, too.
Don't forget the gauge is not real so it wouldn't be accurate to show that info. The temp will be more accurate as it uses coolant to calculate temp, but pressure is a joke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts