Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from my first track day at M1 in pontiac Michigan. It was a blast! If anyone is interested in that type of thing, Go for it! The Focus ST did very well. I did have one issue. I pretty much disintegrated my brake pads and ruined my rotors. 4000 miles and I used motul 600 fluid. Back to the drawing board on that one.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hey, I had my first track day today as well, in Swanton OH. I learned that eagle F1 all seasons are absolutely horrible lmao

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, they were stock pads. My next question would have been what are people using and there results. I was driving pretty hard and aggressive. I probably should look in the brake section.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm not a big fan of carbotech. They are relatively cheap for track pads and advertise 'non corrosive' duty and easy to rotors, but in my experience they do not last long at all = expensive in the long run. And for me at least, pads are way more $$ than rotors, so spending a crapton of money on pads to save $50 rotors doesn't make much sense. I'd go with some hawks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts