Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to you, my newest car community.
My name is Scott and I just put in my order for the 2018 Focus ST1 package. The color I will be getting is Pepper Red (Looks like it'll be a banger of a color) but other than that, the package is just basic. I would've gone with the ST2 or ST3, but it wasn't available using the resource that I am fortunate enough to have being in the Military. I'll be picking the car up right outside of Camp Pendleton, California near the end up April and I'm really excited to see what the Focus ST has to provide. I have owned/own 3 vehicles prior - 1991 Chevy S10, 1995 Mazda MX-5 (currently still own) and a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GP2. So, needless to say, this is not only my first new car, it's also my first sports car/hot hatch.
I plan on selling my MX-5 and getting around $3,500 for it because it's in good condition. With that being said, what would be the best Mods I could do for around 3 Grand? I see a lot of Cobb parts floating around and I could immediately upgrade to a Stage 3 if I wanted, but I'm not entirely sure.

Whatever input you fellas have to give me, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
783 Posts
A warm welcome from the Netherlands

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome! If you're buying new then my suggestion would be to stay stockish for a while so as not to void your warranty immediately. Personally I started with just an Accessport and have upgraded to a RMM, custom tune, and a filter and found that more power than that becomes a challenge to plant to the ground. I think the general concensus is that stage 2 is a good stopping point which includes I believe RMM, filter, tune, and intercooler?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts