Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I recently installed my AP and started running the OTS Stage 1 map, the only mods I have are a CBE. I had a couple question as to which 6 gauges should I always be keeping an eye on, on my AP and what "ideal numbers" would be for these gauges that are recommend. Also are there any upgrades that I should make to the vehicle in order to have it running in pristine condition, for example spark plugs. Should I upgrade them now or when I go Stage 2 or 3? And besides closley monotiring the 6 gauges how often should I do WOT and log in order to review my other numbers and make sure everything is running well. As you can probably tell this is my first turbo vehicle. I have done a bit of research and I looked over my logs and from what ive picked up on is that my AFR looked fine in both pulls as well as my Ign Corr Cly 1 and OAR. although on the second pull my Ign Corr Cly did have higher reading numbers as compared to the first. The pulls were done about 30-45min apart the one with the higher Correction numbers was the second pull. I know when doin WOT logs I should try to reach redline but in both ocassions I was not able to. If you guys could just oint me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
To start, I monitor ignition correct cyl 1-4, AFR and boost pressure. OAR is a multiplier that is essentially how comfortable your car is with the fuel your using. OAR ranges from -1 to 1 with -1 being the desired value. If you start to experience excessive knock, the car will start to move towards position 1. If you fill up at the same station every time, there isn't a need to monitor OAR. If you use different stations, its probably worth keeping an eye on it so you can see which station offers better fuel. Also, positive ignition correct is a good thing. It means the car is adding ignition timing to the point of knock where the engine is most efficient with regards to power. AFR looks good and neither log showed negative correction on cyl1 which is great but you should enable logging on the rest. Anyway, based on what you provided, you car looks great. As for mods - I'd start with an intercooler. Your charge temps are pretty crazy high and that will reduce power and can cause detonation issues or at the very least, you should put in a step colder plugs which will decrease the chance of detonation.

Lastly, datalogging is far more important than monitoring the gauges while driving. Outliers will always occur and they will sit there on your gauges but they don't necessarily mean anything. With that being said and as mentioned before, you should reset the logging parameters to default. You are missing a few things in those logs, specifically correction on the rest of the cylinders.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts