Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a local autocross yesterday and it was a huge success IMO.

Over 150 cars, so we had to have 4 heats and got 4 runs per heat.

I was in novice GS, obviously, along with several other FoST, and GTIs. Not sure what else fell into NGS.

I started at 40.296 + 1 cone
moved to 39.622
dropped to 38.726
final was 38.336 which was ~.4 seconds faster than the next fastest in NGS and got me the class win which doesn't really matter.

I did manage to get 6th out of the 61 registered in all novice classes though, and I will be going back for the next close event. I'm hooked.

For comparison, there was only one FoST in GS, with an aftermarket rear swaybar and 17" light weight wheels and RE-071 tires that was running 36.6s

·
Registered
407 Posts
Nice job that's awesome! Sounds very successful for a first time

·
Registered
651 Posts
Sounds good! I wanted to do my first autocross soon but I'd imagine with all of my modifications, i'd be forced in a higher class and do poorly.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Great job. Auto x is very fun. Make sure to talk to the guys who have been doing it for some time. See if they will ride with you to give you pointers. One thing to keep in mind with this car is you can affect your oversteer/understeer with the gas pedal. If your understeer give it less gas. If over give it more.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Awesome! Picking up my FoST on Wednesday with my first AutoX event in March. Psyched to hear you had a great time and did so will.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts