Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The shift light will not stop flashing on the AP3 :( Anyone else have this happen? Started right after the FW update.

I found some thread from back in 2014 talking about a similar issue and they 'fixed' it by just cranking the shift light RPM to 10,000 - that also fixes my issue here. I played around with it a bit and anything 7900 and under makes it flash - 8000 and up it turns off. (with the car off, going to go see if this hold true driving later).

from 7500 to 7900 the shift light itself still flashes but the dots/lights leading up to it back off as you go from 7900 to 7500, all of them light up at 7500 along with the shift light flashing non stop. at 7900 only one dot is lit and the shift light flashes non stop.

Hope that description helps the guys at COBB figure out the bug :) Sounds similar to this thread - but I am seeing it even with the car off and sitting there with it on and idling.

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-discussions/17269-cobb-accessport-v3-shift-light-problem.html

EDIT:
Leaving it at 8000 makes the shift lights stop flashing constantly, even when driving, I did not need to go higher.
Other thing I noticed is that from bootup getting into the gauges - there is more of a delay, and a notice screen indicating that the AP is connecting to the ECU, I did not notice this happening before the update.

·
Vendor
873 Posts
Sorry for the hassle. We are working on a fix, but no worries because the bug is isolated to only immediately after the update is applied. If you go to the main menu on the Accessport device, click the "up" button a couple of times and select the "setup" option, then select "reset to defaults" that should get it all cleared up, you'll just need to reconfigure your gauges but you shouldn't run into the flashing shift light or gauge issue.

[email protected]

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kyle, glad you already heard about it!
It did reset all my gauges when I applied the update (which I expected, I think the notes said it would) they were all set to the same thing (one of the CCF monitors) - should have hit that reset defaults button from the get-go :)

Thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same issue, I'll verify this fix in the morning as well. Is any of this code open source? I've been playing around with OpenXC's source but would love to dabble in something a bit more advanced.

Edit:
Version: v1.7.3.0-15193

I also had the issue in whatever the latest beta was on 9/28 and downgraded to the above version in an attempt to fix.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
So that's what the flashing red light is on my Gauge screen? I was wondering wtf that was. At first I was alarmed because I had just loaded a new flash tune from Stratified. I also remember a new firmware update went on my AP before I downloaded the new tune file. I've been just ignoring the flashing light. I'll try the fix tonight.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
well looks like there is now another update that was just released yesterday, 1.7.3.0-15250

has anybody tried this yet before I load it up? it says it fixes the shift light issue, did it cause any other problems?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.