Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around new years I made the decision to place an order with DEPO to get a front mount and down pipe. I finally got the chance over the weekend to install them. I cant say enough about how great the quality is on these parts for the price. I ended up with a 5.5" FMIC instead of the 3.5" due to them being out of stock, I also went with the 3" catless downpipe. I thought i would just update you guys and let you check out the few pics i took of the install. Also if anyone is installing these parts and has any questions feel free to ask i'll try my best to help.
Headlamp Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior
Auto part Engine Automotive exterior Grille Rocker cover

I painted the FMIC gold to match my new wheels. I feel that it looks pretty good, cant wait to hear what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Looks good! What kind of paint did you use on the intercooler?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good! What kind of paint did you use on the intercooler?
I actually used a Duplicolor wheel paint that i had left over from painting the Turbomacs. Paint matched FMICs make for better charge temps.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: lx_2nv

·
Premium Member
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,202 Posts
The gold FMIC look is clutch for sure. Love it and wish I would have done that to mine to go with my gold summer wheels.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The 5.5 is a f'ing tank! In for some daylight pics, looks good, like that you went outside the box a little with the paint.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
How do you like the stage 3 tune as compared to before? I'm just a dp and tune update away from being stage 3 and I've been on the fence simply due to the added noise. I'm really interested to know how much of a difference it will make in the butt-dyno though. If I'm going to do it and give up some comfort the power increase better be worth it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks good!

·
Premium Member
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,202 Posts
How do you like the stage 3 tune as compared to before? I'm just a dp and tune update away from being stage 3 and I've been on the fence simply due to the added noise.
Technically you could go back to stock CBE or add resonator/performance mufflers in order to run a new downpipe without the loud sound. My catless with stock CBE wasn't even noticed by my girlfriend until I intentionally said "you haven't heard my latest mod have you?" and downshifted twice and gave it the beans for a minute. Even uphill it isn't noticeable with music unless I'm hauling a55.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Technically you could go back to stock CBE or add resonator/performance mufflers in order to run a new downpipe without the loud sound. My catless with stock CBE wasn't even noticed by my girlfriend until I intentionally said "you haven't heard my latest mod have you?" and downshifted twice and gave it the beans for a minute. Even uphill it isn't noticeable with music unless I'm hauling a55.
True, I really like my MBRP CBE, and the subtle rumble I get, and I don't have the stock CB so I'm not sure what to do. I'll probably keep it and throw on a dp for a while and see how it goes. If it's too loud I can always add a resonator or whatever to negate the extra drone.

·
Premium Member
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,202 Posts
True, I really like my MBRP CBE, and the subtle rumble I get, and I don't have the stock CB so I'm not sure what to do. I'll probably keep it and throw on a dp for a while and see how it goes. If it's too loud I can always add a resonator or whatever to negate the extra drone.
I've heard good things about adding resonators or Magnaflow (I think) Performance mufflers in the midsection to reduce drone. Or a J pipe. Keep the nice deep mean tone without headaches/crying babies

Reactions: Bryman13
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.