Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around new years I made the decision to place an order with DEPO to get a front mount and down pipe. I finally got the chance over the weekend to install them. I cant say enough about how great the quality is on these parts for the price. I ended up with a 5.5" FMIC instead of the 3.5" due to them being out of stock, I also went with the 3" catless downpipe. I thought i would just update you guys and let you check out the few pics i took of the install. Also if anyone is installing these parts and has any questions feel free to ask i'll try my best to help.
15876843_1806943552878698_7343358482235523072_n.jpg 15876895_241122772979473_970557266233131008_n.jpg
I painted the FMIC gold to match my new wheels. I feel that it looks pretty good, cant wait to hear what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Looks good! What kind of paint did you use on the intercooler?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good! What kind of paint did you use on the intercooler?
I actually used a Duplicolor wheel paint that i had left over from painting the Turbomacs. Paint matched FMICs make for better charge temps.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: lx_2nv

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
The gold FMIC look is clutch for sure. Love it and wish I would have done that to mine to go with my gold summer wheels.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The 5.5 is a f'ing tank! In for some daylight pics, looks good, like that you went outside the box a little with the paint.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
How do you like the stage 3 tune as compared to before? I'm just a dp and tune update away from being stage 3 and I've been on the fence simply due to the added noise. I'm really interested to know how much of a difference it will make in the butt-dyno though. If I'm going to do it and give up some comfort the power increase better be worth it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks good!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
How do you like the stage 3 tune as compared to before? I'm just a dp and tune update away from being stage 3 and I've been on the fence simply due to the added noise.
Technically you could go back to stock CBE or add resonator/performance mufflers in order to run a new downpipe without the loud sound. My catless with stock CBE wasn't even noticed by my girlfriend until I intentionally said "you haven't heard my latest mod have you?" and downshifted twice and gave it the beans for a minute. Even uphill it isn't noticeable with music unless I'm hauling a55.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Technically you could go back to stock CBE or add resonator/performance mufflers in order to run a new downpipe without the loud sound. My catless with stock CBE wasn't even noticed by my girlfriend until I intentionally said "you haven't heard my latest mod have you?" and downshifted twice and gave it the beans for a minute. Even uphill it isn't noticeable with music unless I'm hauling a55.
True, I really like my MBRP CBE, and the subtle rumble I get, and I don't have the stock CB so I'm not sure what to do. I'll probably keep it and throw on a dp for a while and see how it goes. If it's too loud I can always add a resonator or whatever to negate the extra drone.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
True, I really like my MBRP CBE, and the subtle rumble I get, and I don't have the stock CB so I'm not sure what to do. I'll probably keep it and throw on a dp for a while and see how it goes. If it's too loud I can always add a resonator or whatever to negate the extra drone.
I've heard good things about adding resonators or Magnaflow (I think) Performance mufflers in the midsection to reduce drone. Or a J pipe. Keep the nice deep mean tone without headaches/crying babies

1 - 12 of 12 Posts