Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined this group a few years ago when the Focus ST was first introduced. For various reasons, I just now purchased a ST3 (2014).

"Back in the Day" I had a DSM Eclipse Turbo and really like that car. I wanted another one but realized quickly that they are all gone or trashed. I think the Focus ST is the closest modern car to provide a similar experience. Now what can be done to the car in order to hear the turbo? :focus-st-smilie:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Rim

·
Registered
209 Posts
An open ended filter, like a green filter. Getting rid of the fuax induction noise (the sound symposer), and (if you want to actually mod and tune the car) a catless downpipe. All three of these will help bring out the turbo noise.

A blow off valve replacing the stock recirc. valve will help give you turbo a little more personality as well.

·
Registered
651 Posts
An open ended filter, like a green filter. Getting rid of the fuax induction noise (the sound symposer), and (if you want to actually mod and tune the car) a catless downpipe. All three of these will help bring out the turbo noise.

A blow off valve replacing the stock recirc. valve will help give you turbo a little more personality as well.
This. A less restrictive cat-back will also help quite a bit, especially with a DP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts