Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Konig ultraform 19×8.5 et42, Continental Extreme Contact DW 235 35 19. Powder coated illusion red. I think it looks pretty descent, what'd y'all think?

Sitting on H&R coilovers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Before:

·
Registered
768 Posts
I LIKE IT. I really do like it, but I would like just because it's different and unique. Great job. Bravo for doing what you like and making it your own and not asking "what wheel should I get".

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Good job on making the car your own; not my style, but then, I took flack for blue window tint on my Performance Blue car. It works for you and that is all that matters.

Reactions: spankyhh60

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Looks great man. Especially with the matching exhaust tips.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well, Tomcat....your sarcasm is coming through loud and clear, lol. To each thier own.

Ya, the tips are the same color. I wasn't sure if I would love the color, but in person it looks awesome imo. I usually would go for all black, but that look is overly done imo. I think the pics don't really do it justice.

Funny thing too is the way the soot from the catless dp coats the outer tip of the exhaust tips looks cool with the red color, def didn't anticipate that, but I like it.

Reactions: cjuni and LeojST

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Well, Tomcat....your sarcasm is coming through loud and clear, lol. To each thier own.

Ya, the tips are the same color. I wasn't sure if I would love the color, but in person it looks awesome imo. I usually would go for all black, but that look is overly done imo. I think the pics don't really do it justice.

Funny thing to is the way the soot from the catless dp coats the outer tip of the exhaust tips looks cool with the red color, def didn't anticipate that, but I like it.

Who's being sarcastic? As someone who owned a bright green and purple Kwak motorcycle a white car with red decals would be quite tame by comparison. I think a plain white car with bright red wheels and exhaust needs some decals to even things out. They'd also add to the sporty look. I was thinking maybe carbon red race stripes and side decals like THIS?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Who's being sarcastic? As someone who owned a bright green and purple Kwak motorcycle a white car with red decals would be quite tame by comparison. I think a plain white car with bright red wheels and exhaust needs some decals to even things out. They'd also add to the sporty look. I was thinking maybe carbon red race stripes and side decals like THIS?
OK man, lol, my bad. I thought you were just bustin the ole ballz. I'm planing to do some modest red in places to even it out.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The only time I'd start laughing is if you did something like THIS! The wheel design you chose isn't exactly my thing, but the colour sure is, that is if you get some decals to match them. Think to yourself, "What would Ford put on there if they bought themselves an imagination?". For the side decals maybe go for something like THIS only in the aforementioned carbon red? Maybe also do the mirrors in the same red?

Here. I've just found THIS good example of what I mean. Do your own custom job though, with some decent carbon wrap. For the side decals you could have the ST logo cut into them?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only time I'd start laughing is if you did something like THIS! The wheel design you chose isn't exactly my thing, but the colour sure is, that is if you get some decals to match them. Think to yourself, "What would Ford put on there if they bought themselves an imagination?". For the side decals maybe go for something like THIS only in the aforementioned carbon red? Maybe also do the mirrors in the same red?

Here. I've just found THIS good example of what I mean. Do your own custom job though, with some decent carbon wrap. For the side decals you could have the ST logo cut into them?
I was thinking of the red stripes over the wheels to bring it in. Maybe mirrors and-or spoiler. Something like this

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heres a close up of the exhaust tips. The red with the black exhaust effect. Ordered them from Amazon, they are 10" and came in chrome before the powder coat job. The ones that came with the system were 6".

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yeah, go for the "war paint" stripes as well if you like, but that's about it, or else it'll start looking cluttered. Main race stripes (maybe with some added pinstripes), the war paint stripes, and the side stripes. When I get mine done I'll be getting THIS design for the main stripes, an arrowhead design for the grooves in the side of the car, and what I call "eyeliner" for around the headlights and rear window, all done in black carbon. In my case I'm trying to tone down the blinding yellow, whilst giving it a more sporty and individual look.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, go for the "war paint" stripes as well if you like, but that's about it, or else it'll start looking cluttered. Main race stripes (maybe with some added pinstripes), the war paint stripes, and the side stripes. When I get mine done I'll be getting THIS design for the main stripes, an arrowhead design for the grooves in the side of the car, and what I call "eyeliner" for around the headlights and rear window, all done in black carbon. In my case I'm trying to tone down the blinding yellow, whilst giving it a more sporty and individual look.
I personally think the stripes look good, and almost bought the white ST with the red stripes from the factory. Although, i did get some lip service from my salesman, whos actually a bud of mine, because he thought it was cheesy, lol. Anyways, i think yours will look sweet with the black stripe. My only concern about adding wraps and stuff to my car over the clear coat is that i live in Florida and work on the beach, so the sun and salt air is pretty hard on cars exterior, not sure how long the vinyl will last

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
If you're not going over the top with the decals and making them mimic something Ford might do, anything wrong with lacquering the decals into the paintwork? I'll see if I can do that without stripping whole panels down. I live near the sea myself, but my main concern hasn't been salt, but rather cleaning the car without leaving wax behind on the edges of the decals; that and damage from stone chips. Corrosions wise, it shouldn't be a problem if you get a decent quality wrap.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts