1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
lol

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've done it in my Escape but never even came close in the ST. I don't know how it's possible. The best I can do is all petals on anticipation and no others.

Oh well, smash the gas, grin and go....

·
Registered
393 Posts
Lol its my goal to keep it all green weekdays and open it up weekends. Although so far on my 93 tune the best mpg ive gotten is this. Without the tune it does better but i hate not having the power when i want it lol. I need to swap my x4 for an AP one day so i can change maps on the fly.

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,908 Posts
Lol its my goal to keep it all green weekdays and open it up weekends. Although so far on my 93 tune the best mpg ive gotten is this. Without the tune it does better but i hate not having the power when i want it lol. I need to swap my x4 for an AP one day so i can change maps on the fly.
Seriously dude? You are like 10 miles into that tank. My best was 34 mpg, on a FULL tank, 390 plus miles completed. Which has never been recreated since I have owned my ST, I get 19-25 now. too much power to ***** foot around.

Reactions: gtx2867_ST

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since this is my daily I tend to take it easy most of the time and open her up selectively on a few choice roads- I think my son, who'll inheret the car in a few years will appreciate that it wasn't beat on, and he can be the one to destroy it. Lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow, I'm impressed. I've had the car for a month or two now and have yet to ever see a single leaf under gear shifting or anticipation. However, I do feel like the "shift light" is far too early. It encourages you to never be above 2000 RPMs which means you're either lugging the engine every time you need to speed up or go up a hill, or you're constantly downshifting which causes more wear on the transmission over time than I'm willing to accept to save a few bucks on gas and keep the little leaves happy.

But then again, I came from multiple Mustangs in the past to this car. I earned 5 leafs forever in economy because of that, even if I drive it WOT everywhere I go! Recently I've been getting 20-21 MPG because I've been having far too much fun with the car and the tune, but that's still better than I ever dreamed of in my Mustangs! I actually just told myself I was going to leave it on eco tune for a tank and see how it goes, though I think it will go is back to normal tune before the tank is done. This car is just too much fun!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Seriously dude? You are like 10 miles into that tank. My best was 34 mpg, on a FULL tank, 390 plus miles completed. Which has never been recreated since I have owned my ST, I get 19-25 now. too much power to ***** foot around.
That's what I am saying the best I ever see on 93 is like 24-25 mpg on e50 I get around 20-21 at best... I ain't got time for that! Haha

·
Registered
395 Posts
I almost always have speed and anticipation petals and usually 3 of the shifting ones.

I've gotten eco-champion message once or twice, but most of my driving is city so I'm still at ~26-27mpg average

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Op here-. I didn't know about any achievement message! Next on my list, LSPI be damned.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts