Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I'm proud to introduce my 2017 MM ST3! I knew I wanted an MM with at least the ST2 package so my options were limited. After a 2016 got stuck in at the production facility in Germany (due to Brexit apparently), and another one was crashed during a test drive while I was on vacation, I finally found this pristine example. It had 8 miles on it when I test drove it and I was sold.

After too long lurking on car forums, I decided to take the plunge. Excited for the warranty voiding fun that this hot hatch will bring!
[HR][/HR](Apologies for the iPhone dealer pics, some better pictures will follow)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Welcome, now go throw that baby through some curves!

·
Registered
768 Posts
What's up with the "warranty voiding" comment? Don't be so negative and do some homework on warranties. This is the worst forum I think I've ever been on where people don't understand warranties and what a dealer/manufacturer can and can't do...and everyone is spooked out of their minds. There are laws out there to protect you. Do some homework on a little thing called the Magnuson-Moss Act, mod your car, and sleep well at night with your new mods. Gorgeous car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ChrisL It will see plenty of Lime Creek road, which is like a 3 mile slice of the tail of the dragon.
@galaxy7 It was meant as more of a joke, but thanks for the information. I have a few friends who are techs at a dealership nearby so they'll help me out either way.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Also in Austin with a MM, however mine is a late 16.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
welcome!! and congrats on the new '17

whats first on the list for mods????
Already have a Cobb AP, just waiting for the '17 tune to come out. Also have the gas pedal spacer ordered to fix the heel toe issue.

After that will be intake snorkel and filter then intercooler for stage 2!
@Lead_Foot I just started an FB page called central texas ST's, the North Texas page is super active and I know there's more than a few in the area!

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
gas pedal spacer is probably my next mod, along with LED fog and cornering bulbs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gas pedal spacer is probably my next mod, along with LED fog and cornering bulbs.
Just ordered a green filter and yellow fog overlays. Will get LED bulbs eventually but I'm trying to get to stage 2 before doing much aesthetically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
That's a really awesome looking car! Congrats! Just my opinion, but that thing would look sick with red calipers. Either way thought it's a great looking car, you did well ?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Nice! Welcome.

'17 is here already - and I'm only at 5,200 miles on my '14... I have a lot of catching up to do.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
i broke 1,400 today in my '16

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also have at 16 MM, already did the pedal spacer, it's sooo much better, it's worth the price. I wished I had a fun drive like Lime Creek, I get to sit behind slow people on ben white all day. Nice car!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also have at 16 MM, already did the pedal spacer, it's sooo much better, it's worth the price. I wished I had a fun drive like Lime Creek, I get to sit behind slow people on ben white all day. Nice car!
Good to hear that its worth it! Lime creek is about 8 minutes from my place, I'm doing my best to drive it at least once a week. And do you go to the Cobb first thursday meets?

Rear motor mount, oil catch can! :smile:
I want to avoid the RMM to keep NVH down; definitely have the Damond OCC and symposer delete on the list.

That's a really awesome looking car! Congrats! Just my opinion, but that thing would look sick with red calipers. Either way thought it's a great looking car, you did well ?
I did like them red, but I didn't like the option wheels and I'm okay with the under the radar look.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good to hear that its worth it! Lime creek is about 8 minutes from my place, I'm doing my best to drive it at least once a week. And do you go to the Cobb first thursday meets?

Rear motor mount, oil catch can!
I want to avoid the RMM to keep NVH down; definitely have the Damond OCC and symposer delete on the list.

I did like them red, but I didn't like the option wheels and I'm okay with the under the radar look.
I agree about the wheels, but you could always paint them and keep the wheels you have

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
What's up with the "warranty voiding" comment? Don't be so negative and do some homework on warranties. This is the worst forum I think I've ever been on where people don't understand warranties and what a dealer/manufacturer can and can't do...and everyone is spooked out of their minds. There are laws out there to protect you. Do some homework on a little thing called the Magnuson-Moss Act, mod your car, and sleep well at night with your new mods. Gorgeous car.
No offense, but I've seen plenty of people get denied warranty claims over mods/tune on their car. You can get away with quite a bit, but there is definitely a limit, and tuning usually surpasses that limit if they know you have done so. Most bolt ons you can get away with, it really depends on the dealer though.

Anyway Max, congrats on your new ST and welcome to the community! Let the modding begin!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry - Newbe question: What is MM? I assume it's a color code. I do love that color. That would be my preference in color. Don't see too many used ones for sale in than hue.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts