Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Got a Short Shifter from these guys and they have a Weighted Shift Knob that actually fits my reverse lock! Their M1 Abrams fits perfectly.

https://goo.gl/UtreU3

View attachment 267698

I don't think that fits with the reverse lockout. Also, those are more expensive than I remember.

There's not much custom about that, it's pretty off the shelf.

If you want a less expensive more custom option exact fit option let me know man!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got a Short Shifter from these guys and they have a Weighted Shift Knob that actually fits my reverse lock! Their M1 Abrams fits perfectly.

https://goo.gl/UtreU3

View attachment 267698
I have one that's a lot like that M1 knob that I've used on at least 3 different cars over the last 15 years. I love the weight and the way it feels, but those all metal knobs get SUPER hot when left in the sun.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I wanna give a shout out to Mountune. https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Gearknob-p/2364-gk-aa.htm

I like the look and feel (non adjustable) of this knob. Their claims of the top designed to resist temperature has been tested hard this summer. The metal underneath is scorching hot but the top gripping part is almost cool, it is amazing.

Not the cheapest solution. Probably way better value than M1, cannot understand why they are priced so high. Overall knob seems worth the price.

Works with reverse lockout fyi.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I don't think that fits with the reverse lockout. Also, those are more expensive than I remember.

There's not much custom about that, it's pretty off the shelf.

If you want a less expensive more custom option exact fit option let me know man!
Love your work! But dying to know if/when you might be offering a hybrid knob or something that is less prone to temperature extremes. I'd love to pick up something like this but custom if you plan to offer it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Love your work! But dying to know if/when you might be offering a hybrid knob or something that is less prone to temperature extremes. I'd love to pick up something like this but custom if you plan to offer it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've designed a few but I really don't like any of the locking fixtures or anything to do a proper hybrid. Currently I plan on sticking to my steel knobs. I do know where you can get a nice coozie/cover for it though.

This right here. Derrick sells quality stuff. I was looking at TWM, but for less cash, I could get a custom-colored part with engraving.
Thanks man!!!!

·
Administrator
11,899 Posts
I've designed a few but I really don't like any of the locking fixtures or anything to do a proper hybrid. Currently I plan on sticking to my steel knobs. I do know where you can get a nice coozie/cover for it though.

Thanks man!!!!
Derrick is my hero.

Best knobs in the industry for sure. <3

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have an excellent boomba shift knob that’s brass weighted, and Delrin covered. It’s oval instead of round and awesome in the hand, never gets too hot or too cold to use, EVER. Very tastefully designed and motor sports looking. Plus it came milled and not super smooth, and is shining nicely from use.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
He have lifetime warranty?
I have a lifetime warranty on the physical knob. I have yet, in 5+ years of doing it, declined a customers warranty for finish even if it's outside of the standard 2 years.

Frankly I'd rather you buy a 2nd knob because you loved the first and want to switch it up, than because the knob "failed" on you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts