Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy! My name is Gerardo I'm from Puerto Rico I drive a Ford Fiesta ST and recently I brought a Water methanol injection kit Snow 2.5 and a Throttle spacer the one that bring the 1/8mm to setup the WMI and in trying to solve a question that's I been trying to figure out my self but since I saw so many videos on YouTube now I'm currently confused....

What would be the best mixture for this particular case of having the WMI so close to the throttle some one told me that supposed to be more meth than water and oh ok? but how many meth vs water since I have that's Boomba spacer and the nuzzle is to close?

Can any one tell me what should I do ?

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
343 Posts
The benefit of having the injection site further away from your head is the mixture has more time to cool the incoming air charge.
50/50 will be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The benefit of having the injection site further away from your head is the mixture has more time to cool the incoming air charge.
50/50 will be fine.
So the best recommendation is to relocate the Injector to a further location to have the benefits of cooling mix air an less Methanol, cause I was reading that the methanol is corrosive mad can harm the engine !

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
343 Posts
In high concentrations, it can be but there are thousands of people running 50/50 mix with no ill effects (except sparkling clean intake valves).
I have personally used windshield washer fluid that is rated to 75 degrees below zero that were at (and possibly higher than) 50/50 and people spray that on the exterior of their vehicle all winter long and into the spring as well.
You can run straight water if you are that concerned. You just need to adjust the amount you are injecting into the engine.
Email snow tech support and they will tell you exactly what you need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In high concentrations, it can be but there are thousands of people running 50/50 mix with no ill effects (except sparkling clean intake valves).
I have personally used windshield washer fluid that is rated to 75 degrees below zero that were at (and possibly higher than) 50/50 and people spray that on the exterior of their vehicle all winter long and into the spring as well.
You can run straight water if you are that concerned. You just need to adjust the amount you are injecting into the engine.
Email snow tech support and they will tell you exactly what you need.
I recently email snow Performance band this is what thy tell me

"It is entirely dependent on your tuner what ratio of water methanol to run. My vehicle saw its best results with a 50/50 mix but ive seen others do great on many other ratios"

I just ask cause I don't want to run with a failure mix and then I blow up the engine 😅

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
343 Posts
From ProMeth
__
Quick Jetting Guide:

100% water target 8-10% of fuel flow
50/50 mix target 15–20% of fuel flow
100% methanol target 20–25% of fuel flow

If you don't know fuel flow you can do the following.

Horsepower @ crank x .5 = CC jetting (pure water)
Horsepower @ crank x 1.0 = CC jetting (50/50 mix)
Horsepower @ crank x 1.5-2.0 = CC jetting (pure methanol)

For example. 1000 horsepower. You would use 500cc pure water, 1000cc 50/50 mix and between 1500-2000cc pure methanol. Keep in mind these are figures to start with and do not take into consideration all the variables that we have found to affect the jetting size. There are many other variables to consider. If you need help selecting a nozzle size feel free to call us directly for technical help.
_

There are different use cases for WMI. Boost Octane ratings of lower grades of fuel (or higher), Cool incoming air charge temps, supplement fuel to help support the factory fueling system, or keep the intake valves clean.
The real question isn't what mixture you want to run, but why are you running this in the first place? What exactly are you looking to get out of this upgrade?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From ProMeth
__
Quick Jetting Guide:

100% water target 8-10% of fuel flow
50/50 mix target 15–20% of fuel flow
100% methanol target 20–25% of fuel flow

If you don't know fuel flow you can do the following.

Horsepower @ crank x .5 = CC jetting (pure water)
Horsepower @ crank x 1.0 = CC jetting (50/50 mix)
Horsepower @ crank x 1.5-2.0 = CC jetting (pure methanol)

For example. 1000 horsepower. You would use 500cc pure water, 1000cc 50/50 mix and between 1500-2000cc pure methanol. Keep in mind these are figures to start with and do not take into consideration all the variables that we have found to affect the jetting size. There are many other variables to consider. If you need help selecting a nozzle size feel free to call us directly for technical help.
_

There are different use cases for WMI. Boost Octane ratings of lower grades of fuel (or higher), Cool incoming air charge temps, supplement fuel to help support the factory fueling system, or keep the intake valves clean.
The real question isn't what mixture you want to run, but why are you running this in the first place? What exactly are you looking to get out of this upgrade?
Well I just want the upgrade to eliminate the knocks cause here in Puerto Rico de 93 oct Gas Is so bad that's I think they sell us 91oct as if it were 93oct and not even adding Oct boost the Gas it's still bad....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
343 Posts
the 50/50 mix will do just fine. The biggest issue is how much you are spraying and when. Did this system come off of an ST, or something else? You will need to adjust your nozzle size to match your vehicles application.

The other thing is that you need to consider is how do you plan on controlling it.

J

1 - 10 of 10 Posts