Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Holy Crap! I really hope the ST gets a boost. If the fiesta will be at 246 HP, the RS at 350 HP, then can they bump the ST to around 305 HP? I don't want them to have the ST get lost in the shuffle and force the consumer to go for the RS or the smaller Fiesta. I love the fiesta as a firey little monster, but the size is a bit too small for me.

EDIT: My bad, as posted elsewhere on the forum it looks like the ST is getting bumped to 275 HP next year.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/275bhp-ford-focus-st-head-2018-line

·
Registered
381 Posts
I believe this will happen just as much as the next Focus ST having a 1.5 4cyl putting out 275. And those photos are photoshopped. But if you want to believe the hype go for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha did not even look at the date. Too small for me but I like the looks!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I just finished reading a dozen threads on the focusrs.org site the other night about this, and how it isn't happening. At a certain point they need to put AWD or something in these cars or they won't be able to hook up without drag slicks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Holy Crap! I really hope the ST gets a boost. If the fiesta will be at 246 HP, the RS at 350 HP, then can they bump the ST to around 305 HP? I don't want them to have the ST get lost in the shuffle and force the consumer to go for the RS or the smaller Fiesta. I love the fiesta as a firey little monster, but the size is a bit too small for me.

EDIT: My bad, as posted elsewhere on the forum it looks like the ST is getting bumped to 275 HP next year.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/275bhp-ford-focus-st-head-2018-line

Yeah I saw that. Not sure how I feel about them doing that with a 1.5L though. Seems like there will be no room for more gains. But I guess if you're staying stock it's a very nice choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts