Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have a Damond OCC. But I run a shop and have installed the JLT (in both locations), Moroso, Damond, and JBR.

I will say, the Damond is BY FAR the best kit and easiest install of them all.

It comes with the hoses pre-assembled, comes with a check valve and the best part is, it comes with fittings so there is NO cutting of the factory hard line. This setup is true plug and play.

I may have to change out my JLT OCC because the can isn't large enough for the amount of fluid it catches. If so, it will be a Damond, but then I need to buy a new stock pcv hose.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quick question with the Damond OCC. I prefer the location 2 mounting (down below by the ecu). It sounds like its going to need to be emptied everyone 1000 miles or so. Other then removing the undercarriage cover or pulling the airbox has anyone figure out a quick way to drain this in that lower position? It looks like maybe a socket with a bunch of extensions may work but I was hoping for a better idea. How quick can you pull the airbox?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to look again. I don't recall if the air box was in or not when I looked from the top, but I think it was.

The fastest way to do it would be cut a hole in the bell pan for the hose that is provided in the kit. It is long enough to go down through the belly pan. So then it is exposed below. I believe like mentioned the intake kit was in on the last one I did when I looked down at the mounting location. I could have reached down there and opened the drain valve from the top. So pull up on a ramp or a couple 2x4's, put a drain pan under and reach from the top and drain it.

Also, I tried this and the lower part of the wheel liner that tucks inside the belly pan, I was able to pull that out and stick my arm in there and open the valve as well, but I have a lift, so it was pretty easy. You could do this with the front of the car raised as well and still not have to take the belly pan off.

Hope that helps. I just don't know about the stock air box. haven't seen one of those since I bought my car and don't know how much it would be in the way from access from the top.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah when me and "L" were installing mine, I was running no airbox and emptying it required not removing anything. I just set a little water bottle at drain hose underneath belly pan and reached down the top to turn valve. Didn't even have to raise the car,a small bottle will fit slightly titled underneath. Now having the airbox back I haven't tried emptying it yet but might be able to reach around the airbox. Worst comes to worst, I'll have to remove airbox each time which isn't a huge deal. But I do really like the Damond setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts