Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

We've been kicking the ball around on starting an FST group buy on AirLift suspension products for the 12-14 Focus ST platforms. We are hoping to use this thread to drum up some interest but also to spread the word on the forum without clogging up the group buy section of the site. In the past, we have worked with AirLift and been able to get $500 off and FREE shipping for all those participating in the group buy. This is not a solid figure, but more a frame of reference for those who are interested.

If you are interested, we urge you to post in this thread or get in touch with us! We would love to work with the FST community on a group buy to launch our company on this site and establish a good rapport with the community. We also know it's important to build trust within the community as a vendor that is both active and supportive. We have run numerous group buys with great success and have no qualms with taking on another group buy to kick off our sponsorship of FST.org.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us!

W: OPEN ROAD TUNING
E: [email protected]
P: 610.572.2898

Cheers,
Andrew

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Um yes... I'd be down with this most likely.

What kit is gonna be offered at group buy pricing? I want the Autopilot v2 kit. It's right in the middle.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like where your heads at :RockOn:
Thanks for the good words! Just want to start off on the right foot with FST.org!

Um yes... I'd be down with this most likely.

What kit is gonna be offered at group buy pricing? I want the Autopilot v2 kit. It's right in the middle.
We will be obtaining finalized pricing in about a week. We would do the kits paired with the V2 setup as it would be easiest for everyone on both the installation side but also on our end with ordering and fulfillment. We will post details as soon as we get them!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
We will be obtaining finalized pricing in about a week. We would do the kits paired with the V2 setup as it would be easiest for everyone on both the installation side but also on our end with ordering and fulfillment. We will post details as soon as we get them!
Cool, sounds good!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is going to be a hard group to convince. Most care about just tuning their cars and think its "rice" to lower it. Im excited though
It's definitely going to be a challenge, I do not disagree one bit! However, we had a pretty awesome response to the group buy we ran for the FRS / BRZ chassis. We actually filled 10 spots faster than we had imagined.

Cool, sounds good!
Thanks for the support, we will post the information as soon as we have it!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
FRS/BRZ crowd is a little more ricey/bag oriented. But at least their widebody kits actually look good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know Caz and i talked to him Last spring about your guys set up. Its deff in my mind.
Awesome! We will have some details released shortly!

FRS/BRZ crowd is a little more ricey/bag oriented. But at least their widebody kits actually look good.
Actually, they're just the opposite. Most of those guys are very anti-air until we opened up a discussion thread about the performance characteristics of a properly tuned air suspension setup. They then realized that they could corner balance the car and track it just as hard.

Im in just PM me when and $$$
Awesome, will do! Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
In for details!

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would be interested, but I think this will probably happen well before I have the spare cash to do a setup like this. Getting out of the military is a *****, financially...

And anyone who is anti air suspension is just ignorant. Sure, it can be used to just slam the car and bounce and all that, but if you do it right, it can handle as well or better than coil springs and be instantly adjustable to boot... its just too bad its so expensive :sad:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In for details!
Hopefully we will have them at the end of this week. We just returned from H2O international today.

subd!!!! interested!!!!
Noted! Thanks for the response!

I would be interested, but I think this will probably happen well before I have the spare cash to do a setup like this. Getting out of the military is a *****, financially...

And anyone who is anti air suspension is just ignorant. Sure, it can be used to just slam the car and bounce and all that, but if you do it right, it can handle as well or better than coil springs and be instantly adjustable to boot... its just too bad its so expensive :sad:
I understand, my buddy just out as well.

There are a lot of naysayers out there, but overall, we've had a lot of positive support and push for air after we helped Dallas do his car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We've finally received word back from AirLift about purusing a group buy and we were met with the following response:

"Due to the overwhelming love for the Focus ST platform, we have decided to produce a kit specifically for the FST. However, this kit will not be released until halfway through next year. While we would love to see more FSTs on air, we have to fit it into our R&D schedule which is very full at the moment. We would love to see a group buy to help put ORT on the map but we do not have a direct fit solution at the moment."

Most of you know that the FST shares a lot of similarities with the Mazda 3 and this is the kit that we use for the FST platform. The only things that must be completed in order to make it fit are:

ABS bracket relocation
Rear Control Arm Mount (just remove the inner dowel)
Rear Shocks do not fit

If anyone is interested, we would be more than happy to put together a small order for these kits. We know that there is an overwhelming demand for this kit, but we also realize that AirLift takes time to R&D the kit as well as put it into production. We do not have concrete details on the specs of the kit, cost or a release date. With that said, we would like to use this post to gauge interest in the possibility of putting together a small group buy (5-7 kits). We will make it worth your while and also offer you free shipping on the goods.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey Andrew I talked to you on the phone yesterday. Let me know if anything changes from what we discussed. Ready to pull the trigger just give me the word

1 - 20 of 28 Posts