Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been a few people that have ran the Federal 595 RS-R's, but has anyone had a chance to try out the 595-RS-RR's? Looks to be a promising 200tw EP tire. I don't expect it to be as fast as say an RE71-R or a Rival-S, but maybe better than say a Hankook RS-3? I may pick up a set just to try out after my RE11's and back up RS-3's are done...thoughts?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just noticed that the pic in the original post shows a 140 tw on the label, but the US market is indeed a 200 tw

·
1,976 Posts
I just noticed that the pic in the original post shows a 140 tw on the label, but the US market is indeed a 200 tw

Those ratings vary thought from company to company a 200 on Federal might not be the same as a 200 Hankook, etc from what a tire guy told me. I figured they were all under the same rating scale but apparently they aren't?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those ratings vary thought from company to company a 200 on Federal might not be the same as a 200 Hankook, etc from what a tire guy told me. I figured they were all under the same rating scale but apparently they aren't?
They do vary from manufacturer to manufacturer in terms of how the compounds actually wear. My concern is solely that they are labeled a 200tw tire, thus making them a tire that can compete legally in an SCCA street tire class like GS or STX, etc and how well they grip, heat cycle, wear, and perform in comparison to other current EP tires on the market. If they are better than the something like the NT-05's (which I thought were complete garbage for auto-x) then that alone may convince me to test out the RS-RR's since they are so cheap.

Reactions: gringoloco

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
the tread looks really cool, i bet those are expensive as heck

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
that is pretty cheap!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess I'll be the guinea pig for these tires. Now I just have to wait for the new wheels to show up.

Tire Automotive tire Helmet Motorcycle helmet Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I guess I'll be the guinea pig for these tires. Now I just have to wait for the new wheels to show up.
Keep us posted. I'm seriously considering a set of these or some "scrub" r-compounds for next season.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts