Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not how I was planning on starting my weekend.
IMG_4475.JPG

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Doh! ??

Reactions: LeojST

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Damn! Sorry to hear that. Hope the other guy has good insurance.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ouch...looks exactly what happened to my friends black 2015 WRX last spring.

It cost over 9000 (lol, but in CAD) to fix, 1500 of it being replacing the entire turbo back exhaust for a new one because rear mufflers were bent and exhaust was leaking in a couple places upstream and could smell it in the cabin.

I swear this is going to happen to me the way people follow so close where I live. Every day there's some piss ant following closely and/or distracted behind me.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.

It was a nice truck, so I'm guessing he has good insurance.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I feel people like to tailgate us because they think we're going to go fast. Sorry about your car.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was a big truck that was mad that I passed him, so he got on my tail. Then traffic slowed down quickly. I slowed down with it, he couldn't do that quite as well. I even eased off of my brakes to try to give him a chance and got VERY close to hitting the car in front of me. But, my judgement told me that I didn't want to be in someone else's rear end. I didn't want any of it to be my fault. I had a bad feeling it was about to happen, but hoped it wouldn't. It did.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I love cars that drive slow or inconsistently and then get mad you pass them and try to "fight back". I just smile and wave, but in this case it's obviously more involved. Good luck with a resolution!

·
Registered
554 Posts
It was a big truck that was mad that I passed him, so he got on my tail. Then traffic slowed down quickly. I slowed down with it, he couldn't do that quite as well. I even eased off of my brakes to try to give him a chance and got VERY close to hitting the car in front of me. But, my judgement told me that I didn't want to be in someone else's rear end. I didn't want any of it to be my fault. I had a bad feeling it was about to happen, but hoped it wouldn't. It did.
Ridiculous...people and their egos, just lol. Hope he learned his lesson: big heavy truck can't slow down as quickly as light performance vehicle with bigger than average brakes. I absolutely hate people that can't keep a safe distance, you do actually feel threatened by it because it is just that: unsafe. No respect for people's personal space, and that does extend out to a vehicle in a country with so much excess space. This ain't Tokyo or Beijing.

And you think being higher up in a truck they could maybe have better foresight being able to IDK, completely see over your car.

Hopefully you don't have any whiplash, I know my friend did, but looks like the ST did a good job absorbing it.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Something similar happened to me a few years back. I passed a woman that wasn't paying attention and noticed that she was nose diving every time I stopped over the next few miles, like she wasn't paying attention. I was trying to get away from her by weaving thru traffic but she kept up. Skies were clear but the road was wet from an earlier rain. We were moving along at a pretty good clip, maybe 45-50 in a 45 zone, behind a BMW. We came over a slight hill where the left lane traffic had come to a complete stop but the BMW was blocking my view until he swung over to the right lane and I realized how quick I needed to stop. I had no problem stopping, but I heard the woman behind me sliding and saw in my mirror that she was sliding back and forth. I tried to give her room by stopping closer the the car in front of me and looked in my mirror again and she was gone. That didn't last long; she slammed into my right side. She had let off the brake to try to regain control and hit me going sideways. It damaged every panel and door on my right side, and the front bumper. Also the right-front suspension and wheel. I seriously think she was either texting or talking on her phone and wasn't paying attention, which is probably what the guy that hit you was doing.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Was he pissed? Or was he sorry?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
He was pissed.

He said, "what's your problem?!"

I said, "you rear-ended me, that's my problem!"

He said, "you cut me off.."

I just shook my head.

I didn't "cut him off". He accelerated onto my ass because he didn't like that I passed him. It's that simple.

Reactions: KlayST and Zeek

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I seriously think she was either texting or talking on her phone and wasn't paying attention, which is probably what the guy that hit you was doing.
He was paying attention, but probably too much to me and not enough to the rest of traffic. I heard his exhaust start to exhale hard as I passed him which means he was trying to stop me from passing him. Instead of conceding, he kept on the gas to get on my ass, then failed to react to the situation that was unfolding in front of both of us. I got VERY close to hitting the car in front of me, but I didn't. I had control of my car, he did not have sufficient control of his truck.

He claimed to the cop that I passed him illegally, but the cop said that it's his word against mine. I suppose that means he doesn't have a camera to support his claim.

Reactions: Zeek

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
He was paying attention, but probably too much to me and not enough to the rest of traffic. I heard his exhaust start to exhale hard as I passed him which means he was trying to stop me from passing him. Instead of conceding, he kept on the gas to get on my ass, then failed to react to the situation that was unfolding in front of both of us. I got VERY close to hitting the car in front of me, but I didn't. I had control of my car, he did not have sufficient control of his truck.

He claimed to the cop that I passed him illegally, but the cop said that it's his word against mine. I suppose that means he doesn't have a camera to support his claim.
You're G** Damned right it was illegal!! Little ****ing ST isn't allowed to pass the big truck don't ya know.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts