Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Focus St
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I will be listing my car here soon and wanted to see what everyone thought was a fair price to ask and if anyone would be interested in buying the car. Ill be posting it tomorrow once i pass the time limit ban on posting to the cars for sale page on here.

I have included some pictures and a buildlist. Let me know what you think as far as a fair price. The body has 103k miles and this motor has 35k miles. Clean title with no accidents and no money owed on the car.

COBB Rear Motor Mount
Rear Whiteline Swaybar Endlinks
AWR Top and Side Motor Mounts (Track 95 Durometer) You can feel them lol
RS Clutch Upgrade (will want to uprgade clutch if going for built motor and more power)
Symposer delete
VelossTec Snorkle
Radium Engineering Focus ST PCV Catch Can
Radium Engineering Ecoboost PCV Baffle Plate
Levels Performance FMIC
Shifter Bushings
Radium 4 port aux fuel rail w/ SS controller ID1050x injectors
Custom Sidewinder kit w/ GTX3071R Gen 2 Pulsar Turbo
Tial 40mm Wastegate with 19lb springs
Hood dump exhaust and wastegate dump tube
CVF Coldside
Majestic Performance Oil Cooler with 2 port plate
HKS SSQV
3” Hood Dump
Battery Relocation with Battery box in trunk
Fire extinguisher
TB Front Crashbar
TB Rear Crash Bar
TB Rear strut brace
TB Front strut Brace
Vega 1.5 Full kit with Canards
Wing Risers
R1 Concepts Drilled and slotted rotors with Track Pads
Rear Wiper Delete
Graveyard Performance GL Coilovers
Enkei NT03+M 18x9.5 +40
Firehawk Indy500w 255/35
NRG Prisma Bucket Seats and NRG 5 point Harnesses
Massive Speed Systems Harness Bar
Planted Seat Brackets Ford Focus & ST/RS (2011-2019) Driver / Passenger Side
COBB AP
Fire extinguisher
Carbon interior ebrake, door handle, guage pod, and shift knob
5% Tint

Tire Wheel Car Sky Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Sky Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is a very custom car but I think if you are patient and can find a buyer that was planning a lot of similar mods 16-17k is very reasonable in my opinion, could probably get more. Especially if it drives well and the the car is clean overall.

·
Registered
2016 Focus St
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats fairly low, considering what youve done with it. im sure someone would def pay around 20k at least.
well id love to list it for 20k but i came across my dream build opportunity and i need the money asap so i dont miss it. And i dont wanna hold onto the car forever waiting for the right person at $20k. Hoping it sells quick for $17k.

·
Registered
2016 Focus St
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is a very custom car but I think if you are patient and can find a buyer that was planning a lot of similar mods 16-17k is very reasonable in my opinion, could probably get more. Especially if it drives well and the the car is clean overall.
It drives great and has the nornmal wear from being a daily for 95k miles and being so low. But it drives great and makes good power. Its a fun car, thats for sure!

·
Registered
2016 Focus St
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i see, so reason for selling is for the scenario.
Yeah that is correct. If the car i wanted didnt just pop up for sale so cheap, i wouldnt be selling. But i cant miss the opportunity to start one of my childhood dream builds lol.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Yeah i dont expect to sell the car and charge for the mods.
You have the right attitude & price for a quick sale when it's advertised in the right markets.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Did you check Carmax? I received a crazy Carmax quote last week via an Edmunds.com valuation. It was $2000 more than I paid for it in 2019.

·
Registered
2016 Focus St
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you check Carmax? I received a crazy Carmax quote last week via an Edmunds.com valuation. It was $2000 more than I paid for it in 2019.
I didnt even attempt since it is so heavily modified with a gutted interior.

·
Registered
2016 Focus St
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What are you buying?
As dumb as most people think it sounds, a mazdaspeed 6. And a built 2.5 stroker thats 1k whp capable from sp63. Ive always loved those cars. And i am now financially in a position to build it to be a true drag car.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I didnt even attempt since it is so heavily modified with a gutted interior.
Do you still have the interior? You are looking at a really specific buyer; someone that wants a fully modded and gutted car.... If i was in the market for an ST i would need to be really motivated with a lower price to take a risk on this. Second motor, over a 100k on the rest, crazy turbo/exhaust setup, no comfort features inside etc... Lots of red flags for most, this will most likely end up as a toy and not something to daily. Not sure how many people will fit that bill. Everything will come down to price though and your motivation to sell.

Either way, good luck

·
Registered
2016 Focus St
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you still have the interior? You are looking at a really specific buyer; someone that wants a fully modded and gutted car.... If i was in the market for an ST i would need to be really motivated with a lower price to take a risk on this. Second motor, over a 100k on the rest, crazy turbo/exhaust setup, no comfort features inside etc... Lots of red flags for most, this will most likely end up as a toy and not something to daily. Not sure how many people will fit that bill. Everything will come down to price though and your motivation to sell.

Either way, good luck
well i out everthing back in besides the trunk stuff and rear seats. and i feel like based on the current ST market, $16k is fairly low compared to mostly stock ST3s. and i expect it to end up as a toy and not a daily. Although i did daily it for a year on this setup lol. but yeah i know it will be a niche group that would want it and hard to find. So we will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
well i out everthing back in besides the trunk stuff and rear seats. and i feel like based on the current ST market, $16k is fairly low compared to mostly stock ST3s. and i expect it to end up as a toy and not a daily. Although i did daily it for a year on this setup lol. but yeah i know it will be a niche group that would want it and hard to find. So we will just have to wait and see.
My rule is always list it a bit higher than you want since everyone trying to buy is going to want a deal/low ball. See what offers you get, someone will probably think its a great deal for them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts