Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So I took it to a mechanic last Saturday to get a read and none of my sensors were "ready". I went ahead and bought an I/M Readiness device to check the status myself. He said it'd take about 150 miles to get a sensor to become ready, I drove 80 miles today and here's my read out:

0501171813_HDR.jpg

So far, the two sensors not ready is the O2S (O2 Sensor) and HRT (02 Sensor Air Monitor). I'm looking into how long it'll take to get these sensors at the "ready" position. No error codes at the moment.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
So I took it to a mechanic last Saturday to get a read and none of my sensors were "ready". I went ahead and bought an I/M Readiness device to check the status myself. He said it'd take about 150 miles to get a sensor to become ready, I drove 80 miles today and here's my read out:

View attachment 236761

So far, the two sensors not ready is the O2S (O2 Sensor) and HRT (02 Sensor Air Monitor). I'm looking into how long it'll take to get these sensors at the "ready" position. No error codes at the moment.
its not really a mileage thing as its all about meeting a set required amount of conditions. You just gotta drive it, set the cruise a bit, hit some country roads a bit, do some stop and go, and do a couple 4th gear pulls to load the motor up as well..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I was finally able to get my OWN sensors ready. It took 3 days on a stock tune with a defouler installed.
0503171128.jpg

I went to the emissions testing station and passed. I looked over dozens of found about when the O2 sensors would be ready but couldn't find anything official but I did find that going from deadstill and steadily increasing to 40 mph would help along with pulls in 3rd and 4th gear, but I couldn't pin point if that did it or not. I drive in stop-and-go traffic 5 days a week, 80 miles each day.

Glad this was cleared up so I know what to expect next year.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
I was finally able to get my OWN sensors ready. It took 3 days on a stock tune with a defouler installed.
View attachment 237153

I went to the emissions testing station and passed. I looked over dozens of found about when the O2 sensors would be ready but couldn't find anything official but I did find that going from deadstill and steadily increasing to 40 mph would help along with pulls in 3rd and 4th gear, but I couldn't pin point if that did it or not. I drive in stop-and-go traffic 5 days a week, 80 miles each day.

Glad this was cleared up so I know what to expect next year.
Glad to hear you're good to go again!!! now you can flash your tune back and rock and roll... if it were me..... next time you update your tune, request they dont disable your o2's and you should be able to do this again without having to go through the process. You should be able to just go get it inspected without having to flash back to stock, which will keep you from having to fool with the readiness process!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'll make that request next time. I do want to go blend E85 once I install my Depo FMI so I'll keep it in mind so I don't have to go through this circus again.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
I'll make that request next time. I do want to go blend E85 once I install my Depo FMI so I'll keep it in mind so I don't have to go through this circus again.
oh yeah.. just tel them youve got the defouler and you can pass on the stock tune to leave those alone in the tune. You should be good to go then. And next year, when its time for inspection, readiness will already be there. Just drive to an inspection station and get it done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bringing up this thread and hoping someone can shed a little of light.

I have A "Stage 1" Tune from Mountune by Randy with just a Cat-back exhaust and Cobb-"CARB" Approved intake system. I know in Cali, smog starts at 6 year mark and every 2 years after. Just would like to know if my car will pass as is or be safer to just have to flash the car back to stock and restart the drive cycle?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Bringing up this thread and hoping someone can shed a little of light.

I have A "Stage 1" Tune from Mountune by Randy with just a Cat-back exhaust and Cobb-"CARB" Approved intake system. I know in Cali, smog starts at 6 year mark and every 2 years after. Just would like to know if my car will pass as is or be safer to just have to flash the car back to stock and restart the drive cycle?
What tuner device do you have? Just check the IM Readiness and go from there.

·
Registered
273 Posts
So I've been unable to get my rear O2 sensor to read READY.

I've flashed back to stock and drove over 1000 miles and still no luck, not sure what the issue is here and why it won't set.
Getting very annoying with this.

Guess I will take the insert out of the Defouler and try that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Each state is different, but if you're in a state where you're allowed 1 not ready, I was able to pass today using the Cobb Stage 1 off the shelf map.
Mods are FMIC, CATTED downpipe, stock exhaust.
Took about 20 miles of driving, as someone said before, it needs to be mixed driving (stop and go, highway), also I think it needs a cold start cycle as well not sure on that. Good luck.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts