Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Factory tuned?

4K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  xrayruester 
#1 ·
So my buddy has a 15 stage 3 focus with no mods done just but he does have a FreakTune and says he is running a higher boost then stock, my car is 100% stock well we just raced tonight finally and honestly there wasn't hardly any difference in our cars? One time I even stated pulling away from him? Later that night he said he read somewhere that some cars came out of the factory's with "factory tunes" has anyone else heard of this? Was it the driver? Or.. do you think his mud flaps made his car less aero dynamic and let me pass him? :joy:

Please help!

#2 ·
So my buddy has a 15 stage 3 focus with no mods done
Well, which is it? Stage 3 or no mods done? "Stage 3" is typically downpipe, intake and an intercooler. Exhaust if you are feeling fancy. A tune would be considered "Stage 1" at most.

Later that night he said he read somewhere that some cars came out of the factory's with "factory tunes" has anyone else heard of this?
Nope, not true at all.

Or.. do you think his mud flaps made his car less aero dynamic and let me pass him? :joy: !

Probably a combination of driver mods needed and a bunch of heat soaked intercoolers all around, pulling back power.

#4 ·
Well, which is it? Stage 3 or no mods done? "Stage 3" is typically downpipe, intake and an intercooler. Exhaust if you are feeling fancy. A tune would be considered "Stage 1" at most

No I mean like hes got the ST 3, the one with recaros and stuff?
Is yours an ST1? If so it's lighter due to no leather and less audio equipment.

Sent from another garage.

#10 ·
Oh geez. Normally i just shake my head, none the wiser, but this should have been a few google searches. Not a thread. Like most things i see now-a-days. Im getting too old for patience these days.

Please use google and read stickies. Or be very funny or intelligent in your posts. Maybe a meme. Spice things up. Please, please...

#11 ·
Or maybe don't waste your time on the thread if you don't like it.

#13 ·
OP: I have seen and even personally beat stage 3 tuned with my bone stock factory car. A guy in our "club" had a super "factory freak" and he could out run stage 3 cars, mind blowing, it made me rethink the wasting my money on "stage" parts and tunes when stock cars are beating up on cars that have $2000+ in bolt-ons.

most of it comes down to driver! a bad driver can loose in the faster car

Yes because I want to waste my time explaining every nut and bolt on my car when I could just say stage 3 and you would know what I have.

Tunes are named in "stage" 1 2 3. FSwerks even has a Stage 4 tune... bahaha.

In my opinion the only part that matters is the tune and therefore the stage is determined by the tune and of course the supporting parts, but again I could care less what is bolted to your car, big freaking deal.

#15 ·
that is just because of the ****ty tune... they should be taking it up with the tuner.

You can run stage 3 tune on a completely stock car... I would recommend it but you can and you will not get the results your looking for, at that point you will need to know every nut and bolt.

Sorry what I find annoying is boy racers that have a 4 page list of bolt on slow parts and they stand there and fill my ear with the noise, then get in the car and cant drive it!

#17 ·
So my buddy has a 15 stage 3 focus with no mods done just but he does have a FreakTune
Freektune*

Had to do it. And in reference to the whole stage discussion, I don't mind it too much because it's a shorthand for the main modifications. Now if someone says full bolt on, technically a big turbo is a bolt on too so that's a little misleading...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.