Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed the Cobb Stage 1 93 OCT map on Friday. Got my AP mounted in a good spot last night and went for a cruise. One of the parameters I have it set to watch is A/F. Now last night I never did a WOT pull and only gave her about 1/3 throttle up to 5K RPM through 2nd & 3rd a time or two. I had a A/F max of 45.XX. This morning I saw a A/F of 44.96 and this was with me never going over 2,400RPM in any gear. Just curious what could be causing this and has anyone else seen this? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
this is why you shouldn't pay too much attention to the min/max values. what really matters is what your A/R is while under acceleration.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
You will see low and very high numbers, this is simply the fuel cut off after your getting off acceleration. Most tuners will tell you they will only consider AFR numbers if its in a log, since any big chance in the gas peddle will make a jump or spike in the AFR that might be milliseconds long, but it records it to your min-max values which is what you see. Sadly some people that see a -3 ign correction may have hit a whoopdie or a crack in the street and could false spike that number. Logs are king to understanding whats going on for sure.

So I just installed the Cobb Stage 1 93 OCT map on Friday. Got my AP mounted in a good spot last night and went for a cruise. One of the parameters I have it set to watch is A/F. Now last night I never did a WOT pull and only gave her about 1/3 throttle up to 5K RPM through 2nd & 3rd a time or two. I had a A/F max of 45.XX. This morning I saw a A/F of 44.96 and this was with me never going over 2,400RPM in any gear. Just curious what could be causing this and has anyone else seen this? Thanks.

Reactions: STSnail

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will see low and very high numbers, this is simply the fuel cut off after your getting off acceleration. Most tuners will tell you they will only consider AFR numbers if its in a log, since any big chance in the gas peddle will make a jump or spike in the AFR that might be milliseconds long, but it records it to your min-max values which is what you see. Sadly some people that see a -3 ign correction may have hit a whoopdie or a crack in the street and could false spike that number. Logs are king to understanding whats going on for sure.
Yeah, back when I had my '12 WRX I was log freak. Always taking them and going over them. I just haven't started logging with the ST yet. Ill have to learn all the parameters again...lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts