Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I want red mudflaps. I had a set on the car but they were universal fit and I could not get them straight for the life of me. So I have a few choices at this point...

Leave the car as is.

Red Rally Armor mudflaps.

Lowering springs (which frankly... I looked at pictures and lowering the ST does not even look much different from stock. Unless of course I throw some camber in there and get it even lower).

My Roush catback still has not come in yet (something is backordered and Im being patient) so the exhaust tips will be changing as well.

Thoughts on the car? (I will include an older picture of the car with the universal mudflaps on so you can compare). Personally, I love the red mudflap look. Some might think its too much.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think I want red mudflaps. I had a set on the car but they were universal fit and I could not get them straight for the life of me. So I have a few choices at this point...

Leave the car as is.

Red Rally Armor mudflaps.

Lowering springs (which frankly... I looked at pictures and lowering the ST does not even look much different from stock. Unless of course I throw some camber in there and get it even lower).

My Roush catback still has not come in yet (something is backordered and Im being patient) so the exhaust tips will be changing as well.

Thoughts on the car? (I will include an older picture of the car with the universal mudflaps on so you can compare). Personally, I love the red mudflap look. Some might think its too much.
First off love the car, looks great.
I had Rockblokz on my last car, a Mazda and I loved them. I'm not keen on the look of them on these cars unless your planning a rally look.
If you did I'd go with Rally Armour as the Rockblokz I found to be to stiff and scraped on speed bumps and driveways....annoying.
As for lowering I totally disagree with you, the wheel gap on these stock is just hideous. Lowering doesn't only change the look and get rid of that horrid gap but it helps the performance and handling.
I'm on H&R Coils....no wheel gap.
22688002_10155747221116303_5726609963644961989_n.jpg
The ride on these cars is already stiff but with the coils it stiffens it up just a bit more and make taking corners quickly so smooth and fun.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh.. Your car makes me sick.. White is the color I wanted (but the company I work for didnt have any so I had to get magnetic metallic gray)...

Dont get me wrong I like my car and the color is okay but I MUCH rather would have had white and did pretty much exactly what you did with it. Black accessories and gold wheels and I would do amber fog lamps. Black wing. I would have blacked out the tail lights as well. So jealous of your car.

·
Registered
272 Posts
First off love the car, looks great.
I had Rockblokz on my last car, a Mazda and I loved them. I'm not keen on the look of them on these cars unless your planning a rally look.
If you did I'd go with Rally Armour as the Rockblokz I found to be to stiff and scraped on speed bumps and driveways....annoying.
As for lowering I totally disagree with you, the wheel gap on these stock is just hideous. Lowering doesn't only change the look and get rid of that horrid gap but it helps the performance and handling.
I'm on H&R Coils....no wheel gap.
View attachment 287802
The ride on these cars is already stiff but with the coils it stiffens it up just a bit more and make taking corners quickly so smooth and fun.
Alright dude. Gonna need the deets on your wheel setup. It looks SO. GOOD!!

Reactions: BlueHaloGirl

·
Registered
395 Posts
hideous, it clashes so much

remove the red fog light tint, go back to a magnetic wing and dont even think about red mud flaps, go with short black ones instead

·
Premium Member
688 Posts

remove the red fog light tint, go back to a magnetic wing and dont even think about red mud flaps, go with short black ones instead
Honestly I agree with this guy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Honestly I agree with this guy
Haha I was waiting for that type of a response!

Great thing about the internet is honesty.

How does red clash with red? Just wanna pick your brain a bit to see where youre coming from. Are you saying the reds dont match?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Haha I was waiting for that type of a response!

Great thing about the internet is honesty.

How does red clash with red? Just wanna pick your brain a bit to see where youre coming from. Are you saying the reds dont match?
The red spoiler looks like it was put on because you couldn't afford to have it painted. The red looks very off.

I have always hated red and/or large mudflaps. I don't think they should be a point of interest on a car.

Red light emitting from the front of a vehicle is illegal where I am at it and again it just looks off

Reactions: jesse_sanders

·
Registered
251 Posts
I like quirky style. I think you are failing to commit to the red trim.

Red wing. Check!
Red Mirror Caps?
Red Splitter?
Red Wheels?
Red Mud flaps?
Instead of Red Tinted Fog lamps, pull the Black inserts around the lamps and paint those red?
And paint the black trim on the rear valence red too?

Lots of ways to do it. Just try to get all the reds in the same shade. Play with photoshop before you spend a penny and expect strong reactions. People will either love or hate it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ugh.. Your car makes me sick.. White is the color I wanted (but the company I work for didnt have any so I had to get magnetic metallic gray)...

Dont get me wrong I like my car and the color is okay but I MUCH rather would have had white and did pretty much exactly what you did with it. Black accessories and gold wheels and I would do amber fog lamps. Black wing. I would have blacked out the tail lights as well. So jealous of your car.
Why not look into wrapping or liquid wrapping your car white??? Mine is liquid wrapped satin pearl white...mind you it's oxford white stock.
Something to think about.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Alright dude. Gonna need the deets on your wheel setup. It looks SO. GOOD!!
Hahaaa thanks and it's Chick to you not Dude Haaahaa S'alrigh happens all the time.
So wheels are stock size....I'm running Blaklion Champoint for rubber on Team Dynamics Pro Race Copper.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The criticism I gave earlier in this thread may have been harsh, but it looks like you made a good choice dropping the red.

Car looks great now!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I didn't object before because you do you and it wasn't overly rice or anything...but NOW it looks awesome, well done.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
FYI:

Federal regulations are no red lighting is street legal on the front of the car.

White/yellow/orange is legal in the front.

Red is suppose to be for rear only. I read this somewhere legit. Just would hate for you to run into that one cop who is a **** about your red tinted fog lights.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I got yelled at by a cop for having a small red/green boat light on the front bumper of an old Subaru because of the red element on the left half. The amount of yelling was a little over the top, but I did learn that forward facing red lights are reserved for emergency vehicles only.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mudflaps look like a mullet on the ST. Heck no. And the red spoiler looks good, if your car was red.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I think mudflaps look great on our cars, they are after all, rally inspired.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gloss black wing
Gloss black mirror caps
Gloss black rain guards
Black mudflaps
Yellow fogs

Those are the major changes made since I last posted. I switched from majority red to majority black because it was just too much. I liked it but at the same time I was just trying to like it. I think the black makes the car look a lot more grown up and mean.

As far as the red fogs go, I never had them on. They were essentially a day time aesthetic. I still kept all of the logos red. I like the car.

One thing I would consider changing down the road is getting lighter rims and getting them in bronze.

Thanks for the input.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts