Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got adventurous since peelable paint is temporary. I?m an older ish fellow and felt a bit silly doing this, but after asking about a good powder coated, the young kids at work said, ?boss, nobody does that anymore it?s all about dipping.?

Anyway, put down a purple base with a blue flake clear on top. Only in the recessed areas, left the spoke faces gunmetal. Opinions??

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm also olderish, or middle aged I suppose at 44. I think it looks good as it's subtle and is a good hue to bring out the blue in your paint. Nicely done, with good attention to detail.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Turned out nice. I like it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I?m definitely surprised by the quality of the paint. Even if not 100% in love with the color. At least I? know it?s a viable option. Too much time to do it very often. Took me a solid 6 hours.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I don't care for the color but admire the work. A lot more patience than I have to only paint the inner part.

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
I'd of gone with a dark blue to match your paint, otherwise looks nice.

·
Super Moderator
9,523 Posts
Pretty cool results, hopefully the kids told you the more layers you apply the easier it is to remove ;)
"The Kids" rarely ever give out all the information.

Reactions: rambleon84

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Next round will definitely be dark blue or maybe black. I? definitely agree that would be better on the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They definitely did not help me with any instructions. Luckily I? had the forethought to do a lot of research first. Mostly because I? was skeptical of ?paint? that peels off.

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
Just got adventurous since peelable paint is temporary. I?m an older ish fellow and felt a bit silly doing this, but after asking about a good powder coated, the young kids at work said, ?boss, nobody does that anymore it?s all about dipping.?

Anyway, put down a purple base with a blue flake clear on top. Only in the recessed areas, left the spoke faces gunmetal. Opinions??
Older ish Fellow, more like a Wise fellow to do a lot of research first. I like it, looks unique

1 - 12 of 12 Posts