Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for used aftermarket exhaust, lmk wuh, 2017 st

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you are in the NY/NJ area, consider picking that up from Chew. I wish I would have- but I bought the same parts he is selling new a few months ago, which cost me $750 or so. Fantastic sound (not too loud, and not too quiet), and the 409 stainless that Borla uses stays rust-free (unlike the much cheaper 304 stainless other manufacturers use).

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
If you are in the NY/NJ area, consider picking that up from Chew. I wish I would have- but I bought the same parts he is selling new a few months ago, which cost me $750 or so. Fantastic sound (not too loud, and not too quiet), and the 409 stainless that Borla uses stays rust-free (unlike the much cheaper 304 stainless other manufacturers use).

304 is not cheaper. 304 has more chromium and nickel and therefore stays rust-free longer and is non-magnetic.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I wrote the opposite of what I meant to write. I stand corrected. Thank you G.

Borla uses "austenitic stainless steel" (In my opinion, superior to 409 or aluminized steel). A guy local to me was selling a used Magnaflow exhaust on Craigslist, and I went to take a look. He told me that it was only a year old (and he showed me the receipt) but it was much more rusty than I would have thought for only being one year old. Magnaflow uses 409 stainless, and according to their website "This particular grade of stainless has the tendency to form a protective layer of surface rust in wet/humid/snowy climates or when exposed to salted roads. This layer is superficial and will not penetrate the metal itself. It can be removed using soap and water and a steel Brillo or S.O.S pad. In the rare event that 409 stainless steel pipes become rusted through, Magnaflow's lifetime warranty will cover replacement."

Sounds fair, but for the same money- I thought the materials Borla used were of higher quality. I'm absolutely thrilled with the sounds from the Borla.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts