Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be bad to take out my whole exhaust system and just run the the catless downpipe under the car?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That will dump a lot of heat under you. It will also never pass emissions, if your state requires that.
I live in Florida we don’t have emission tests I want to do side exits or something I’m just tired of my exhaust rattling and it’s all rusted and stuck so I can’t take it off to adjust it

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Lots of exhaust fumes will get into the cabin.

·
Registered
345 Posts
True, I’ll figure it out probably do resonator delete and get stiffer hangers
Cobb makes a great set of exhaust hangers, and they’re fairly inexpensive.

Just make sure, at the end of the day, you’re happy with how your car turns out. The rest of us can have opinions all day long, but we’re not the ones driving it so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,073 Posts
Would it be bad to take out my whole exhaust system and just run the the catless downpipe under the car?
I live in Florida we don’t have emission tests I want to do side exits or something I’m just tired of my exhaust rattling and it’s all rusted and stuck so I can’t take it off to adjust it
I know 2 people who have side exit STs. One of them is now running a built 2.3L stroker so it's even more gnarly.

1- It will be incredibly loud. Like, not like "I have a loud exhaust system" loud...it's ****in loud dude. I could NEVER deal with that long-term.
2- His exits in front of the Driver's side rear tire via a custom built pipe an exhaust shop made for him. Keeps the fumes and heat out from under you if you're interested in that. If you have instagram I can give you his handle if you have any questions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts