Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wouldnt be too popular one these forums. Too many people complaining about 3" drone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just installed an MBRP exhaust cpl weeks ago. Highly reccomend it. Nice medium to deep tone. Ran it curves mountains. Over 100 mph highway in town cruising. Sounds good all the time. Run it with stock dp. If you want a sport throaty sound that doesn't over your stereo for a great price pull the trigger. Watch the video it's close to what you get. Anybody complaining about the sound needs to by a Prius. ?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Just installed an MBRP exhaust cpl weeks ago. Highly reccomend it. Nice medium to deep tone. Ran it curves mountains. Over 100 mph highway in town cruising. Sounds good all the time. Run it with stock dp. If you want a sport throaty sound that doesn't over your stereo for a great price pull the trigger. Watch the video it's close to what you get. Anybody complaining about the sound needs to by a Prius. ?
Interesting how you do 100mph cruising through town on the highway...must be an interesting town.

Lol, that being said the MBRP I have has some fitment issues, but sounds amazing with the catless downpipe I have. I find the drone very minimal.

Reactions: eza92

·
Registered
272 Posts
Thinking the exhaust to the Focus ST. Is Anyone have any experience with this exhaust system? Okey to run without a catalyst? Is looking for one that does not cost too much. That sounds fit for purpose in calm driving. But still sounds nice when accelerating.

Milltek SSXFD110 Ford Focus MK3 ST250 Hatch 3" Exhaust Downpipe & De-Cat | eBay

This is definitely their catless downpipe. The catback is usually pretty expensive, but so worth it. It uses a chambered muffler and actually changes the tone of the exhaust which sounds way better than any "straight-through" exhausts (Cobb, MBRP).

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
No figment issues with mine. Did you use aftermarket hangers. 100 mph highways and around town driving.....Better? ?
No stock hangers right now, but I do have the Cobb hangers sitting in my bedroom. Need to get then installed because when the car is completely warm I can hear the exhaust slightly rubbing the rear Crossmember

·
Registered
277 Posts
Interesting how you do 100mph cruising through town on the highway...must be an interesting town.

Lol, that being said the MBRP I have has some fitment issues, but sounds amazing with the catless downpipe I have. I find the drone very minimal.
I think he meant it like this:

Just installed an MBRP exhaust cpl weeks ago. Highly reccomend it. Nice medium to deep tone. Ran it curves mountains. Over 100 mph highway, in town cruising, etc. Sounds good all the time. Run it with stock dp. If you want a sport throaty sound that doesn't over your stereo for a great price pull the trigger. Watch the video it's close to what you get. Anybody complaining about the sound needs to by a Prius. ?

And this kids, is why punctuation is important.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I think he meant it like this:

Just installed an MBRP exhaust cpl weeks ago. Highly reccomend it. Nice medium to deep tone. Ran it curves mountains. Over 100 mph highway, in town cruising, etc. Sounds good all the time. Run it with stock dp. If you want a sport throaty sound that doesn't over your stereo for a great price pull the trigger. Watch the video it's close to what you get. Anybody complaining about the sound needs to by a Prius. ?

And this kids, is why punctuation is important.
Hahaha glad you knew why I said that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts