Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently removed my muffler after having the resonator off for a few months. Now the drone is unbearable and just too loud. Is there a way to eliminate drone and keep the volume down. My goal is louder than just a resonator delete, but quieter than having both resonator and muffler off.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Maybe add your resonator back? Or just buy an aftermarket high flow muffler and at it in. I think I have read on here people adding in a Magnaflow muffler to the stock piping.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Recently removed my muffler after having the resonator off for a few months. Now the drone is unbearable and just too loud. Is there a way to eliminate drone and keep the volume down. My goal is louder than just a resonator delete, but quieter than having both resonator and muffler off.
A muffler in place of the resonator will help quiet the exhaust down, but there may still be drone. I'm running a Magnaflow in place of the resonator and an MRT axle back which has a Helm Holtz tube that eliminates the drone. Unfortunately, MRT has raised the price on their axle back. I got mine when they first came out for $199.00; I think they are chrging $299.00 now.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
679 Posts
stop the presses!

Watch this video of my buddy brandon:

You take the muffler off and cut where it shows in the video, remove the packing, and weld it back up, it wont drone, but sound like a VERY loud res delete.
Been in his car, it doesnt drone anywhere near as much as a car with a muffler delete/straight pipe. Its just a tiny bit more drone than my car, which has just the res delete (almost no drone except at low low rpm)

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
That does sound pretty good for a moderately quiet setup.

Reactions: 5dmc1

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
679 Posts
That does sound pretty good for a moderately quiet setup.
Its much louder in person, he only went half throttle in the video because the engine was cold. Full throttle this thing screams. Its not 3" loud, but its loud enough for me lol.

Point being, if he liked the sound of the resonator delete, then this will just make it louder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts