Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't fruitful with my search about this, maybe i missed it somewhere... But i'm going to be installing my Greddy catback tomorrow on MY16, just curious if anyone can verify if the 16's have 3 or 4 exhaust hangers? Does anyone have recommendations for big box retailers to pick up another hanger if so? I just couldn't justify $50 for COBB's. Thanks!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
The 16s only have 3. My GReddy system just came in yesterday too lol. I am going to buy another hangar from autozone. May switch to Cobbs later, not sure.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The 16s only have 3. My GReddy system just came in yesterday too lol. I am going to buy another hangar from autozone. May switch to Cobbs later, not sure.
:whs: I have replaced the entire exhaust on my 2016 ST3 and it only has 3 hangers. I bought the Cobb hangers before I did mine. If going to a 3 inch system, your exhaust will most likely rattle with 3 hangers and takes a lot of repositioning to get it where it won't rattle even with 4 hangers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

Did you happen to buy through Autoplicity? Price was right but was anything but speedy delivery.

·
Registered
421 Posts
:whs: I have replaced the entire exhaust on my 2016 ST3 and it only has 3 hangers. I bought the Cobb hangers before I did mine. If going to a 3 inch system, your exhaust will most likely rattle with 3 hangers and takes a lot of repositioning to get it where it won't rattle even with 4 hangers.
Trying to decide if the COBB hangars would be beneficial for the 3 inch exhaust

Thanks guys!

Did you happen to buy through Autoplicity? Price was right but was anything but speedy delivery.
Sure did! Best price I found.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm curious, which hanger is not stock and would I need to try and find? I'm seeing 3 different sizes/shapes based on the COBB 591001_1.48.jpg

·
Registered
229 Posts
Wasn't fruitful with my search about this, maybe i missed it somewhere... But i'm going to be installing my Greddy catback tomorrow on MY16, just curious if anyone can verify if the 16's have 3 or 4 exhaust hangers? Does anyone have recommendations for big box retailers to pick up another hanger if so? I just couldn't justify $50 for COBB's. Thanks!!
Doing the same exhaust tomorrow as well. Gonna see how well it goes with the 3, may pick up a spare just to be safe. If there's a way to use the "universal" hangars, I may just go to the local JDM shop and grab some super stiff ones instead of the soft rubber ones and see how it goes.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm curious, which hanger is not stock and would I need to try and find? I'm seeing 3 different sizes/shapes based on the COBB View attachment 227569
The small rounded one all the way on the right in the pic is the one that is missing from stock. It also happens to be the one that hangs over the axle which is where the exhaust will tend to rattle as the clearance is extremely tight.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I just cut the exhaust hanger that I didn't need off of the exhaust. I have a 3in mbrp and I don't rattle at all. and I'm on stock hangers.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I just cut the exhaust hanger that I didn't need off of the exhaust. I have a 3in mbrp and I don't rattle at all. and I'm on stock hangers.
I have the MBRP but I have to re-adjust mine as it still rattles. Hasn't been nice enough out for me to work on it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have the MBRP but I have to re-adjust mine as it still rattles. Hasn't been nice enough out for me to work on it.
Yeah I had to fine adjust it after installation but once I got it adjusted it doesn't rattle anymore. It also helps if you remove the cross member up near the front

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
So I once again called up Marlin up at Edge Autosports, placed the order for the Cobb hangers. Gotta put my car on the lift twice in one week, fantastic. Looked into overnight, was $70. Instead I added a CP-E RMM to that order and said "free shipping plz"

It'll be here by Wednesday

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So did the install, along with a Damond symposer delete. After 50 miles or so car is throwing a CEL on the dash? I tightened the hell out of every part of the exhaust when installed so I don't think it could be an exhaust leak code... teflon tape on the plug for the symposer delete plate as well and I couldn't feel any sucking. Any clue what it could be? The symposer plug is pulled and zip ties out of the way as well could it be that it is showing because it's not plugged in anymore? Help! Hahaha

·
Registered
229 Posts
So did the install, along with a Damond symposer delete. After 50 miles or so car is throwing a CEL on the dash? I tightened the hell out of every part of the exhaust when installed so I don't think it could be an exhaust leak code... teflon tape on the plug for the symposer delete plate as well and I couldn't feel any sucking. Any clue what it could be? The symposer plug is pulled and zip ties out of the way as well could it be that it is showing because it's not plugged in anymore? Help! Hahaha
You did the full delete I'm assuming? You're talking about the plug which is on that valve connected to the battery box? I plugged mine back in, no CEL after driving close to 100 miles yesterday and multiple WOT pulls. Try disconnecting your battery, plugging it back in and seeing if that clears the code.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You did the full delete I'm assuming? You're talking about the plug which is on that valve connected to the battery box? I plugged mine back in, no CEL after driving close to 100 miles yesterday and multiple WOT pulls. Try disconnecting your battery, plugging it back in and seeing if that clears the code.
Full delete yes, pulled all the hoses off along with the part connected to the motor and the part connected to the battery box. Went and had code read and it came up PO300 (random misfire). Did a couple pulls prior and no noticeable loss of power so i'm kind of at all loss as to what it could be. I guess I'll just have to see if it pops up again this week or if it was a one time deal, fingers crossed...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Full delete yes, pulled all the hoses off along with the part connected to the motor and the part connected to the battery box. Went and had code read and it came up PO300 (random misfire). Did a couple pulls prior and no noticeable loss of power so i'm kind of at all loss as to what it could be. I guess I'll just have to see if it pops up again this week or if it was a one time deal, fingers crossed...
Odd. Yeah, keep us posted as to what happened. Hopefully it all works out for ya!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well service tech couldn't see any codes when he checked, not sure if the guy who ran the scanner on it before taking it in cleared the code completely? Tech mentioned "ford was down" which I didn't ask any further on... but did say it was a known issue and would keep an eye out for me if Ford pushes any sort of TSBs out. 1000 miles later with some spirited driving and I haven't seen it again so fingers crossed I suppose!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts