Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I previously had a focus st MK2 about 5 years ago, and saw a notes or video with regards cutting open the backbox, taking out the silencing material and putting in a straight through piece of exhaust along with the de-res mod.

I just wondered if anyone had heard of it or had done it to there car.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
524 Posts
People do this all of the time, but instead of cutting open the muffler, people tend to just cut it out entirely and replace it with pipe. Is there some reason you want to keep the stock appearance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
People do this all of the time, but instead of cutting open the muffler, people tend to just cut it out entirely and replace it with pipe. Is there some reason you want to keep the stock appearance?
I hadn't seen it done with comepletely removing the backbox - do you have any pics or videos where this has been done. I hadn't really though of removing it completely. must make it pretty noisy I guess.

I guess keeping the standard look just made it a little simpler by just replacing the small bit of pipe inside.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I meant to include in the post that it's not my photo. I ran this setup for a few months, but I don't have photos/videos. I'm sure there are some on youtube if you do a quick search

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah I just didn't really know what to search for - there is an awful lot of crap on youtube lol
Searching for "Focus ST muffler delete" should bring up what you're after

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
If you want a little more noise on the cheap, do the resonator delete. From what I have read the muffler delete is louder so go that route if that's your thing. An entire exhaust kit tends to be louder than either of these options and will likely give you some drone. I have the resonator delete with Stratified's crackle-pop tune and I love it. It's just the right amount of noise but no drone, and the crackle-pops are even more fun. They are non-offensive; not like the truck back-fires that scare the crap out of you. Similar to the noise that the newer Jaguars make. Entertaining.

·
Super Moderator
9,492 Posts
I opted for the MRT axle back; it has a Helmholtz resonator tube that stops the drone. I added a couple of You Tube links; the first is a short CJ Pony Parts video that just shows the axle back, the second has a comparison between stock and the MRT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts