Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a preowned 2013 St less than 10,000 miles on it and it looked every bit of it. I mean there was factory plastic still on things. Previous owner put a catback magnaflow exhaust 2.5" pipes and a green filter. The dealer removed the green filter and replaced it with a generic OEM filter. I'll get into the reasons why he did this but I will say swapping the green filter back to factory did not fix the issue. I would like to know since the exhaust was upgraded how essential is a high performance filter such as the green filter going to compliment the exhaust?

·
Registered
165 Posts
It is not essential at all. A catback changes only the exhaust sound and has no impact in performance. You should be fine with the OEM filter.

·
Registered
165 Posts
When you change the downpipe.

·
Registered
162 Posts
When you put on a tune. You won't see much if any more performance with basic Bolt on's. The tune will enhance the Bolton's big time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah, in these cars you won't see any performance upgrade until you get tuned, that applies for any aftermarket part you can add. However, a catback won't make any real change even tuned. A turboback (downpipe and catback) is what you want to see an improvement and even then, the turbo won't allow you to see big changes in #s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts