Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I am getting a musty odor coming from the AC whenever I start up the car. I have also noticed that I tend to sneeze a lot more when I am in the car since the smell has begun. I changed the air filter a while back due to the same issue (it wasn't that dirty) and the smell was gone for maybe a month or so before it came back.

I have also done the Lysol in the vents trick and that worked for about a week and I am also mindful not to run the AC on recirc all the time. My question, has anyone used an evaporator and heater foam cleaner such as this to clean their AC system? If so, what were your results?

I also heard there are some cars you cannot do this with, anyone know if the ST is one of them?

I have a 2014 ST3 and live in Central FL

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Lately I am getting a musty odor coming from the AC whenever I start up the car. I have also noticed that I tend to sneeze a lot more when I am in the car since the smell has begun. I changed the air filter a while back due to the same issue (it wasn't that dirty) and the smell was gone for maybe a month or so before it came back.

I have also done the Lysol in the vents trick and that worked for about a week and I am also mindful not to run the AC on recirc all the time. My question, has anyone used an evaporator and heater foam cleaner such as this to clean their AC system? If so, what were your results?

I also heard there are some cars you cannot do this with, anyone know if the ST is one of them?

I have a 2014 ST3 and live in Central FL

Thanks for the help.
I use foam cleaner every couple months or so. Stuff works great. There are a few different brands, just be careful because some smell horendous. I do regularly because of allergies mostly, but its nice to not have that a/c odor.

There are the spray type, and those dont work as great, but are easier to use. IF you must use the spray I say go find BG frigifresh, if they still make it. Its the best spray type I have used.

as far as Foam cleaners go,I use MOC, its just OK, but I get it super cheap. the best stuff I have used for the foam style is from my work, the oem Mercedes Foam cleaner. it leaves no scents but does a great job of elimintating odors. g/l

1 - 2 of 2 Posts