Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the vapor canister purge solenoid located? I realize the vapor canister is by the rear subfamily but I need to change the purge valve, and from what I read it is on the motor somewhere. I have torn my car apart and it is just sitting there in shambles right now any help is appreciated!

BTW this is the part I orderd that I need to replace.
#9U5Z9F945C: Ford. PURGE SOLENOID. Solenoid. Solenoid connector. Solenoid valve. Vapor

FB_IMG_1470583005677.jpg

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The parts diagram on the link you included above shows that part as being installed in one edge of the vapor canister, which as you point out is by the rear subframe.

You may want to spring for the Helm Service Manual.

Hope that helps,
Mark

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The parts diagram on the link you included above shows that part as being installed in one edge of the vapor canister, which as you point out is by the rear subframe.

You may want to spring for the Helm Service Manual.

Hope that helps,
Mark
Thanks man. One of my buddies ending up having a service manual and just like you said it goes into the canister, which is on the gas tank/subframe.

·
Registered
352 Posts
No, it's not. I can't find the part to replace anywhere. I have the same part number and nothing looks the same on or around the canister. Also there is so much talk on this part but not a single person has taken a picture or stated exactly where it is. I'm going nuts...

·
Administrator
10,323 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah, I just found it...so much bad information out there that I ordered the wrong part. I know it's the entire hose assembly that goes under the hood now....haha. Pretty pissed tho.

·
Administrator
10,323 Posts
Yeah, I just found it...so much bad information out there that I ordered the wrong part. I know it's the entire hose assembly that goes under the hood now....haha. Pretty pissed tho.
Well, at least you are sorted out now.

Good luck sir!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Did you replace the entire hose assembly or just the purge valve solenoid or is it all one piece? Confused...
It's all one piece. The valve itself sits between the engine and the battery box right by the mounting grommet for the airbox. It's small and a round disc looking valve.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you replace the entire hose assembly or just the purge valve solenoid or is it all one piece? Confused...
The purge valve is located on the evap canister which is by the rear of the car/fuel tank. I only replaced the valve and it did not fix my issue at all. I would suggest replacing the entire canister as it is only a few dollars more and includes the evap purge valve and you may have better luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What part did you buy? I don’t know which hose assembly to get

·
Administrator
10,323 Posts
What part did you buy? I don’t know which hose assembly to get
Read the thread in post 5 of this thread. Which, if you read this thread, you should have already...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts