Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going through the cobb news and I discovered this article:
COBB Tuning ? 2015-2017 Subaru WRX Flex Fuel Now Available!!

I know it's for the wrx but what do you think the chances of them creating something like that for the focus are? Not possible, maybe, too different?
If my understanding is correct, it reads the e% and changes the tables by itself(tune) for the amount of e that is in the car?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thats how a flex fuel works. I had one installed on my FRS. its great as it doesnt matter when you add 91 or e85 it adjusts for the ethanol content. The problem with our car is we cant go over e30-35 because the fuel pump. So it would not make sense to make a flex fuel kit for our car. Now that said, i do have a ethanol content analyzer from zeitronix. i havent put it in yet, its from a friends FRS thats flex fuel we are building a motor for, i borrowed it to see where i can install it, this way ill know for sure what my fuels ethanol content is

Reactions: sir.trent

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats how a flex fuel works. I had one installed on my FRS. its great as it doesnt matter when you add 91 or e85 it adjusts for the ethanol content. The problem with our car is we cant go over e30-35 because the fuel pump. So it would not make sense to make a flex fuel kit for our car. Now that said, i do have a ethanol content analyzer from zeitronix. i havent put it in yet, its from a friends FRS thats flex fuel we are building a motor for, i borrowed it to see where i can install it, this way ill know for sure what my fuels ethanol content is
I thought WRXs were the same, for more E, they have to replace their fuel pumps?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I thought WRXs were the same, for more E, they have to replace their fuel pumps?
I just went and read the cobb kit.. i see they sound like they are suggesting e30 setups, but also show e72 video.. in their question section they sound as if they only recommend e30. the FRS stock fuel system can support e85, even midly boosted flex fuel. over 250 hp though they just need a fuel pump installed and we have made over 600whp.

The wrx seems like it has the same issues as our ST's. so they may make a kit.. 600$ is about what the kits cost without gauges. in reality, if you can make your own lines, you can make a kit thats pretty simple. sensors are 40-60$ and the zeitronix ECA will give you the gauge and the 0-5v output that the tuner would need to adjust for the e%

Zeitronix ECA : SEMA Award Winning Ethanol Content Analyzer and Flex Fuel Sensor for E-85 and E-85/gasoline Blends

some have done this on the FRS forums. and what i plan on doing with the st.. but mine is mainly for my own knowledge of the e content.. Now if i do end up going with a higher compression stroked motor rebuild, i do plan on running Stratified's port injection kit and ill run full e85 with that

Of course, all we have to do is show the intrest in a part and a company will build it.. so if we show Cobb, or any other company that we want it.. they will build it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.